Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Sandie will be here Monday from BBTS. Ordered it this morning after much debate on whether to get one of these guys or get the new TFA Snowtrooper set. I have a feeling that most of the Episode VII troopers will be available at retail for the foreseeable future, whereas OT figures are drying up everywhere.

My Sandie will be here Monday from BBTS. Ordered it this morning after much debate on whether to get one of these guys or get the new TFA Snowtrooper set. I have a feeling that most of the Episode VII troopers will be available at retail for the foreseeable future, whereas OT figures are drying up everywhere.

Congrats! He's a great figure, you'll like him.

And yeah, I don't see TFA Stormies really fetching more than retail on the secondary market. Especially since there's so many variations.

Try getting two tauntauns and the SS cantina environment diorama delivered on the same day, completely blocking the garage when we arrive home from work. My balls still hurt thinking about that beating. Unfortunately size does matter. :lol

Try getting two tauntauns and the SS cantina environment diorama delivered on the same day, completely blocking the garage when we arrive home from work. My balls still hurt thinking about that beating. Unfortunately size does matter. :lol

That is an ugly scene. The box for the taun taun is crazy big.

Another victim to the shoulder strap :slap Any advice how to properly put this on the shoulder?

Shoulder strap.jpg

Yup me too :( I glued it and tried again and the other end came off too!

I was so pissed I wrote to HT - haven't heard a thing for 2 weeks.

Quick-fix!

First, I cut a slit in each end where the strap originally joined - about the same thickness as the strap itself. Then hardened the strap-end with superglue. Inserted the hardened end into the slit and glued again.

It worked really well because the strap is now a semi-circle shape and slid straight over the arm, while still being firm.

How many people have had the strap fail?

Another victim to the shoulder strap :slap Any advice how to properly put this on the shoulder?

View attachment 247656

My straps were all fine, but I have a hunch HT used some low quality glue on these accessories - remember the easy fall of the pauldron buttons. Plus I think the elastic straps will stretch in time like it happened to some SSC Stormie parts. Only time will tell

How many people have had the strap fail?

Happened to me approximately 2 seconds after unboxing my Sandtrooper. This is the kind of details that is really irritating!! This spoils the joy of discovering a newly bought figure, really! How can't Hot Toys see that such a weak strap system will inevitably fail ??!!!

Knock on wood, I haven't had a problem with the pouch strap although I was totally expecting it to pop when I was putting it on; HT should have used a similar strap to what was on the backpack so it could have been put on and tightened.

guess I got ultra lucky! missing pin on shoulder AND broken shoulder pack (made it half way up the arm with no over stretching and then snap!)

why didn't they just package him with it on? or make a different kind of strap or make them a little more loose? they had to know this was going to be an issue!

IMG_5115.JPGIMG_5118.JPG

guess I got ultra lucky! missing pin on shoulder AND broken shoulder pack (made it half way up the arm with no over stretching and then snap!)

why didn't they just package him with it on? or make a different kind of strap or make them a little more loose? they had to know this was going to be an issue!

View attachment 247798View attachment 247799

There are replacement buttons in the pegs bag. But do what I did, and use a sewing pin, see my mod a few posts above. Much better than what HT thought of doing

Back