Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the E-11 but I don't know how you could resist him holding one of the big ol' LMGs.

I compromised a bit by hanging the E-11 off his side.

qDdX81I.jpg

That's high praise coming from you, Solo!

Very glad I also scored a second from a local retailer (especially since it was a steal @ $277.5 CAD shipped -- sold out now). Should be here in Feb.

Congrats on getting a second at such a great price! That's awesome. These will be enjoyed for a long, long, long while. I can't imagine how they are supposed to get better unless HT releases another new sculpt. I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Maybe they will do a different sculpt vs attempt a black band change for the Sargent or Corporal? Anyway...can't wait to see what they come up with.

In the meantime I'm just going to fill in with Marmit's. They knew we would do that, I think.

Noticed these gaps on my trooper. Viewed the seanlong 's review also noticed that the leg pegs are quite long. Any solutions?

sandtrooper%20ankles_1.jpg

Great pictures everyone. Out of all my OT figures I have been the most impressed by this figure. Funny how this figure looks the best but has the least character importance compared to Luke or Vader.

Finally got the figure and install it on a custom base. I took a smaller frame (found at the dollar store and filled with hobby shop sand) than the one shown before a few pages back because it was taking too much space. I went for a different look than the binocular one, althought I will probably revert to that eventually because it's the best pose.

12573192_10153159789246557_2991594800959711549_n.jpg

12645100_10153159789416557_4649033569071089478_n.jpg

I can believe how detailed these pouches are!

12572981_10153159789401557_8909031560896853174_n.jpg

Got my second complete Sandtrooper yesterday. I put him in my office in the traditional pose. The other for my moisture vaporator has the freedom for reposing with the
Light repeating blaster.

OK, so I've recently purchased a few SW figures...Luke, Obi-Wan, Chewbacca, Vader, C-3PO, and R2, and I'm looking for a vintage Trooper. Is the HT Sandtrooper the best one out there? How does it compare the SS Stormtrooper, I imaging it's a way-better piece?

The Hot Toys Sandtrooper is vastly superior to Sideshows in almost every regard. There's not a better Sandtrooper out there. Hot Toys didn't hit it out of the park on this, but they definitely hit an in the park grand slam. There's very little to be improved on this figure, aside from making an exact 1/6th replica of the stunt helmet. But until then this is really a brilliant choice...you won't regret it.

You just can't go wrong with any HT OT trooper but this is brilliant - I got mine two days ago and when I opened it a quote from ROTLA came into my mind (slightly paraphrased) - 'that thing represents everything I got into Star Wars for'!

Thanks for the comments guys, I went back and reviewed the thread and it seems most are impressed with the figure. My wallet won't like it but I'll probably get one on order tonight. I don't want to build a trooper army, just add a good representation of the character; I missed out on the HT Stormtrooper and may put invest in one...someday.

Hello all! This is my first HT figure and I love it so far. Only problem I had is I broke the Shoulder pouch straps in the back. The sewing is gone :(
Anyone got any advice to repair it like new ? This is very fragile, watch out when you receive it guys :(

STP1050610.jpg

Below is my final pose for now.

Now I have a question to the Star Wars experts: Is it me or is the helmet oversized? Maybe I got used to much to my sideshow stormtrooper (which had a slightly smaller head (or bigger body, who knows). i assume Hot Toys is more accurate to the movie?

IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1833.JPG

Not an expert, but I also find it to be a bit oversized. It's slightly bigger than the normal HT Stormtrooper from what I can tell. Helmets are pretty dang big though so it's tough to say. I believe this one is supposed to be the Sandtrooper on the left.

sandtrooper_hd_058.png

I assume the Sandtrooper and the standard trooper have the exact same sculpt. I don't see why they would hire a sculptor to redo work.

Back