Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12605446_941574725911136_4460342798048293603_o.jpg

I have the Herocross HMF Stormie in this series and is pretty nice. But WTH is going with the E-11 blaster magazine on the Sandie?

I'm about to receive that figure in 1 or 2 days. Any tips on how to put the backpack?

Take off the helmet, remove pauldron and the make sure the straps go in the top loop down through the second loop in the synch buckle. Pull down for tightness then put the strap in between the chest and shoulder armor. It should never move if you do this.

Only complaint with this figure: the damned 'shoulder' pack elastic straps snapped off when I was putting it on. I managed to fasten them again with a touch of glue, but it's pulling and is going to give at some point. Have to find a replacement. Sucks. :(
Needle and thread instead of glue - that's how I fixed mine when that happened and it's as good as (if not better/stronger) New! Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm about to receive that figure in 1 or 2 days. Any tips on how to put the backpack?

On mine the straps were already buckled, but loose. So I put his arms behind him a little and slid the back pack up, gently. I then got the straps behind/underneath his shoulder armor to hold them in the relative spot.
Then little by little, switching from the left one to the right one, I tightened the straps. Gently work the buckle up when you're doing it.
The tops of the straps should fall right where they should on his shoulders...just keep an eye on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the Sandtrooper helmet to the regular ST's helmet; the eye pieces are smaller, slantier and make the figure look meaner when you compare them. Did any regular troops wear the Sandtrooper helmet? I hope so.

Crap both back pack straps broke on me. Patience is not my thing with action figures and this figure is a challenge to set up. I'm sure I can futz it to where it's passable but take care out there all you folks yet to pick this figure up. It's fiddly to say the least but a fantastic looking figure. Way better than vader and second only to Chewie for me.

Crap both straps :(

I ended up grabbing the Sandtrooper from toys2 thanks to the recommendations from this thread. Luckily I did too because it's out of stock now.

Anyways, its pretty great.

qJuYTR2.jpg
20160122_111208.jpg

Do you think the blaster looks good strapped up on his back like that? Anything I can improve with the posing?

Also I noticed with the blasters that the sights on them aren't really lined up with the rifle. On the e-11 blaster it's tilted to one side and the dlt it's off center. I was just wondering if this is normal with these weapons?

Still waiting for my sandtrooper. Seeing all the pictures here, I realise that everyone is using the same pose because you are basically forced to put the feet in the two footprint. So I decided to make my own base with real sand (from model kits at hobby shop)

12509914_10153154197791557_6487390310867234227_n.jpg
12631551_10153154197811557_8664353076913453644_n.jpg

I really enjoy the rifle slung over the shoulder Kazar! I've been thinking about a similar pose for my own Sandtrooper. That base is awesome fbang! How did you make it?

Crap both back pack straps broke on me. Patience is not my thing with action figures and this figure is a challenge to set up. I'm sure I can futz it to where it's passable but take care out there all you folks yet to pick this figure up. It's fiddly to say the least but a fantastic looking figure. Way better than vader and second only to Chewie for me.

Crap both straps :(

I'm getting this next week and all these posts about straps breaking are making me nervous. My fingers are way too large to do anything fiddly at this scale.

I'm getting this next week and all these posts about straps breaking are making me nervous. My fingers are way too large to do anything fiddly at this scale.

I didn't nearly have as much trouble with the straps as I thought I was going to have. The hardest part was getting it under the shoulderpad. Tweezers helped there.

They seem pretty sturdy, I even have his e-11 hanging from one.

Wadqu13.jpg

To be honest, I've been baffled by all the strap worry. They're a little fiddly but otherwise a non-issue for me. If you don't trust your dexterity just use tweezers and go slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back