Hot Toys Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Lantern from Hot Toys is a MUST! The deal probably already exists but they're waiting to do a big reveal closer to the premiere of the film. Or, they maybe waiting to see how the film performs before a deal with HT is struck. Bottomline--Hot Toys has to do a Ryan Reynolds GL figure. It would be an absolute travesty for them not to.

I have all Super hero figurse that Hot Toy made (Blade, Wolverine ,batman , Ironman , Superman) I think Green Lantern would make a great figure

I reckon that this will come through with hot toys, and though it is nice to see it announced before the film comes out for pure excitement, but really the figure can only be better being released after the film, as more accessories can be added for one. With the pre released joker the head sculpt was bad, and if you are fan of thor and look at their figures, they are wrong, espicially odin. The custom colours are the wrong way round, they eye patch wrong colour, and the helmet is wrong in away. The helmet is before odin lost his eye stlye painted gold like his new helmet is post lost eye, instead of complete new helmet. Anyway sorry guys, back to green latern, I do believe we will see this piece post film release.

As a comic book fan, Marvel or DC, would definetely get this figure if HT will make one

Yeah, considering that Hot Toys has never mentioned this license, this character, or this film anywhere at anytime means we're definitely getting a figure. :cuckoo:

Yeah,it would have been announced by now. I Doubt we are going to have it.

This is probably the only example of the fact that HT know where to stop... yeah the only one.

Lol you guys are hilarious, HT has announced figures right before a movie release/post movie release multiple times. I fully expect that to be the case here.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be rubber skin though.

I know there are problems but this really has to be a rubber suit. Same with Tron. Fabric wouldn't translate. Just as long as they don't try use the same as the DX torso rubber. The pants are still looking fantastic.

The odds are that it'll be rubber. If you look at the new trailer, the way they've animated the suit looks rubbery even though it's supposed to be second skin.

Also remember that the graphics weren't finished and that textures and looks of many of the characters including Hal and Sinestro weren't done. Hell even the Mattel toys have disclaimers that mention they were working off of conceptuals and that the characters may look different. I'm sure HT will wait until the looks are completely finalized. This is different than subtle changes as CGI can be fixed at the last minute. Look at the SSC's War Machine with hints of green that never made the final cut, HT ____ed up before on the TDK Joker, with a DC license which other than TDK hasn't been that fruitful, they'll plan to go one round and done, moving past that only if its successful.

Third, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for anything other than Hal and Sinestro. Realistically HT doesn't really go all-in for licenses not to mention they've really gone over the limit with the alien looks of the GLC which means that they'd require all new bodies for the most part. Given that they can't reuse the bodies that they'd need to make it logically removes the possibilities for a Tomar Re or Stel or Hannu or Killowog. Doesn't make business sense.

Even if this thing hits hard, the most you'd get is Hal, Sinestro, Abin Sur and a Hector Hammond since with Hector it'd be an HS that they'd have to deal with and they've scaled it down for this film. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though.

definitely! because if hot toys will make it, it will be the best green lantern fig out there.... and this is a no brainer!

HT would be the only hope. DCD already announced their line-up for the film's tie ins. If there were going to be a DCD 13" it'd have been announced by now.

Is it wrong that green lantern's suit reminds me of an exoctic cake ?

The odds are that it'll be rubber. If you look at the new trailer, the way they've animated the suit looks rubbery even though it's supposed to be second skin.

Also remember that the graphics weren't finished and that textures and looks of many of the characters including Hal and Sinestro weren't done. Hell even the Mattel toys have disclaimers that mention they were working off of conceptuals and that the characters may look different. I'm sure HT will wait until the looks are completely finalized. This is different than subtle changes as CGI can be fixed at the last minute. Look at the SSC's War Machine with hints of green that never made the final cut, HT ____ed up before on the TDK Joker, with a DC license which other than TDK hasn't been that fruitful, they'll plan to go one round and done, moving past that only if its successful.

Third, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for anything other than Hal and Sinestro. Realistically HT doesn't really go all-in for licenses not to mention they've really gone over the limit with the alien looks of the GLC which means that they'd require all new bodies for the most part. Given that they can't reuse the bodies that they'd need to make it logically removes the possibilities for a Tomar Re or Stel or Hannu or Killowog. Doesn't make business sense.

Even if this thing hits hard, the most you'd get is Hal, Sinestro, Abin Sur and a Hector Hammond since with Hector it'd be an HS that they'd have to deal with and they've scaled it down for this film. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though.

Makes a lot of sense. As much as I would love to see a ton of the Corp, I would pleased as punch to get a Hal and Sinestro. Shoot at this stage I would be happy with at least a Hal. HT did catch a boat load of crap after the whole first Joker thing.

the more i see the wondercon footage the more i wanna see the film and have a Hto Toys figure, it sucks that we most likely wont, maybe Green Lantern 2, if it does well at the Box Office.

The more I see the Wondercon footage the more I wanna see the film and have a Hot Toys figure, it sucks that we most likely wont, maybe Green Lantern 2, if it does well at the Box Office.

Green Lantern 2 is already greenlit, the script's first draft is already completed and turned it and is being revised. Reynolds, Strong and Lively all signed up for it. WB is really putting a lot of stock into GL, they are hoping it'll make enough to make up for the Harry Potter franchise loss and sustain through a new string of Superhero films including a Flash film that is in preproduction and apparently on the hunt for casting, Goyer is rumored to be in the running for directing, Shazam, Aquaman and of course the Superman and new Batman after TDKR.

I'd be really shocked if HT doesn't at minimum put out Hal. If this film does as well as WB hopes it will, it'll be Iron Man syndrome where there are more figures hitting from the sequel than the original especially since the villain rumors for the 2nd is NOT Sinestro but Star Sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back