Hot Toys Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Star Sapphire is the villain in the next one, she can still be in the third right? Doesn't she turn back good or something and is Hals woman? lol

Green Lantern 2 is already greenlit, the script's first draft is already completed and turned it and is being revised. Reynolds, Strong and Lively all signed up for it. WB is really putting a lot of stock into GL, they are hoping it'll make enough to make up for the Harry Potter franchise loss and sustain through a new string of Superhero films including a Flash film that is in preproduction and apparently on the hunt for casting, Goyer is rumored to be in the running for directing, Shazam, Aquaman and of course the Superman and new Batman after TDKR.

I'd be really shocked if HT doesn't at minimum put out Hal. If this film does as well as WB hopes it will, it'll be Iron Man syndrome where there are more figures hitting from the sequel than the original especially since the villain rumors for the 2nd is NOT Sinestro but Star Sapphire.

The Potter films didnt do well? Or they are done making them?

^^ last potter book = last potter film

Right, the Potter franchise has meant steady income for WB studios for the past 8 years - they need a new franchise that will be sustainable for the long haul to replace that income. They are hoping the DC heroes will be that franchise.

If Star Sapphire is the villain in the next one, she can still be in the third right? Doesn't she turn back good or something and is Hals woman? lol

Yes but just as plain Carol since when she 1st became a Star Sapphire it was more of a possesion & not the current one which is more of a heroine. But of course they could change that.

I remember back in 2008, HT announced the Iron Man and TDK licences close together, and it was a joyous time. I hope they do the same here with GL and First Class.

To me DC looks like it's standing still next to marvel. DCD figures just suckd. Meanwhile marvel and HT are cleaning house.

Kind of. The romance between Hal and Carol has been played as hot and cold with a kind of tragic tale where they love each other but cannot figure out how to balance their lives to get together. I'm sure that if she is in fact the villain for the second and Sinestro for the third that we'll see Carol assist him and maybe even some of the other Candy Colored Corps.

Right, the Potter franchise has meant steady income for WB studios for the past 8 years - they need a new franchise that will be sustainable for the long haul to replace that income. They are hoping the DC heroes will be that franchise.

They've been hoping that for a while. Every major DC hero has been greenlit for a while and died in preproduction, we've had Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Shazam, The Legion of Superheroes, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, even the Hawks. We've got Flash back along with rumors of a JLA movie and Aquaman and even have Booster Gold and Blue Beetle testing on Smallville for a spin-off. WB has been trying with no luck other than Bats. They have severely high hopes for GL and The Flash both, the latter which was supposed to be already in casting right now but hiccups in the script have halted it.

Yes but just as plain Carol since when she 1st became a Star Sapphire it was more of a possesion & not the current one which is more of a heroine. But of course they could change that.

Carol gained possession of the influence of The Predator (the Love entity) and was able to focus and utilize the power along with other Sapphires and Zamarons. Originally it was a crystal that possessed which could still be used similar to the overcharging of the other entities but Johns took care of the grunt work for the film already in modern continuity.

To me DC looks like it's standing still next to marvel. DCD figures just suckd. Meanwhile marvel and HT are cleaning house.

Blame WB. They definitely have dropped the ball left and right on getting their heroes on screen and therefore allowing HT to really shine on them. One of the benefits of having all the heroes in house to one movie studio is that they can contain continuity and be done jointly, but its one of the pitfalls because in leasing them out to other companies we see more Marvel figures. Strangely enough for having all the heroes in house like WB has had for decades there hasn't been much crossover.

^^ hey Mike, sorry for the OT but I'm wondering who's that chick doing a lot of gun posing in your signature?

I thought GL would of been a definite for HT to make but with the film edging closer & still no announcement, it's not looking good :(

i don't know why people are worrying so much about it.

I'm sure after the movie does good, we'll hear news of HT picking up the license.

And I honestly would rather have HT release a figure after the movie is released, and ensure that the most accurate sculpt is done. (ie. 1st joker release for dark knight :pfft:)

I'd get him too. I'd love more DC figures. Waaay under represented line.

I hope hot toys makes one it would be nice if they can make him light up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back