Hot Toys Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a show close to SDCC where if they have an ex, it's usually imported by SSC. As for Comedian, the line had already begun with SSII, I can't think of a line they've kicked off at SDCC like they'd have to with GL.

The thing is that HT doesn't attend SDCC. They are there with Sideshow and DC. I don't see why they'd be holding out on this license for an event they don't attend proper especially since DC Direct is in question and SSC won't be carrying it.

Sideshow had the Watchmen figures. DCD declined to distribute them.

Do you actually think that DCD will decline to distribute any possible Hot Toys Green Lantern figures? Unless that side of the company is actually shut down they'll be doing it.

Do you actually think that DCD will decline to distribute any possible Hot Toys Green Lantern figures? Unless that side of the company is actually shut down they'll be doing it.

:lecture:lecture:lecture If the buzz is there I think DCD will treat GL like they did the DX02 Batman.

You think this would be a rubber suit Appleseed style or articulated body like the new predators? Told myself I would never buy a rubber bodied figure from HT but may have to break that rule if they go that way

Well two things: 1: If it's coming it'll be at least announced by the Tokyo Toy Fair in June which gave us the precursors to SDCC reveals from Sideshow and 2: Considering that SSC is distributing Superman I have a feeling that things are not boding well for that company and that if/when a GL is done it'll be at the SSC booth come SDCC if a proto is completed.

From what I could find online it is still scheduled for June 16—June 19, 2011. Companies are posting exclusive shots online for their items, so I would imagine it is in some capacity.

Come on Hot Toys, your got to make this. Any Marvel or DC Superheroes sell, even if the film is good or bad.

Box office success can't be used as an indicator of what gets made considering some of the films that have had the honor of having a figure(s) produced (the spirit, the expendables, inglorious bastards, AVP:R) while box office titans like Avatar have still not had a figure produced.

Box office success can't be used as an indicator of what gets made considering some of the films that have had the honor of having a figure(s) produced (the spirit, the expendables, inglorious bastards, AVP:R) while box office titans like Avatar have still not had a figure produced.

They have all the time they need to make the Avatar figures. The sequels are coming in 2014 so I wouldn't expect HT to rush anything. They've got plenty of time to make it right and still capitalize off the press of the sequel.

It seems that they really are waiting for box office results.
Problems with obtaining expensive licenses is not worth the risk of poor sales in this case.

You guys really think they are waiting to see the box office results? I bet they have the license and are just working on the body or suit.

If they can blindly acquire the license for 'Sucker Punch' you think they would risk waiting to see if Green Lantern would be a hit or not to release a figure?

dunno.gif

the x-men first class licence came out of nowhere today on hot toys facebook page.

i assume the same thing will happen with green lantern by the releasing date

Yeah I'd buy him. It would be cool to have bothe The Avengers line going as well as HT making the main guys from the Justice League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back