Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! All my figures are buried in storage for 6 months while I try to buy a house. No way I'll be able to dig it out haha

Seriously!!!? I gotta sell my Emperor.

Oh, he's like SSC Greedo - very, very average fig that routinely goes for around $300 on eBay. I sold my SSC Greedo for over $300 and now have a custom fig that actually looks like Greedo, not a random cartoonized Rodian like the SSC one does.:lol

I always felt like the reg Emperor head just looked like a really old guy and the Ex head looked like he was pushing out yesterday's Chimichunga, and the Hasbro robe looks a little better than the SSC one, so could never got that intertested in grabbing it.

Lol.....under 200.00 2 pack......
You guys are cute....

225 each.....350 2 pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. Amazing.

I like that Hot Toys is continuing to dive deeper into the background characters, I just wish some of them were from the Rebellion.

I never really thought I wanted an Emperor but seeing the Royal Guard kinda changes that. Strange. I'll put my guess at $200-$220 for single and sort of don't think they'll offer a two-pack as they're identical. They usually offer a two-pack with some different option on the second one.

I never really thought I wanted an Emperor but seeing the Royal Guard kinda changes that. Strange. I'll put my guess at $200-$220 for single and sort of don't think they'll offer a two-pack as they're identical. They usually offer a two-pack with some different option on the second one.

Might be possible if they involve Battlefront, like the Snowtroopers. RoyalGuards have fire arms in the game.

Might be possible if they involve Battlefront, like the Snowtroopers. RoyalGuards have fire arms in the game.

That's a good point. Forgot they were in the game. Well that would be good for anyone wanting two if they do. Would definitely look great on the shelf. I'll have to stick with one in the emperor if I go down that path. And probably need another detolf and a bigger place. :gah:

As far as price goes, Hot Toys will probably do something similar to what Hasbro did many years ago, and give the Royal Guard full armor underneath the robe.

Like this

star-wars-crimson-empire-02.jpg

Believe it or not, a 1/6th Kir Kanos and Jaster Mereel are my top two "Legend" characters that are on my wish-list but figured they'd be far too obscure for a mass release.

Kir Kanos was even my answer when Hasbro asked who fans wanted made next in their Black Series so I was floored when they actually announced a Royal Guard figure, with armor underneath, who can easily be customized as him:lol

Yes in Battlefront they use T-21 blasters, homing shot rifles, and smart rockets. Those would be cool accessories.

Believe it or not, a 1/6th Kir Kanos and Jaster Mereel are my top two "Legend" characters that are on my wish-list but figured they'd be far too obscure for a mass release.

Kir Kanos was even my answer when Hasbro asked who fans wanted made next in their Black Series so I was floored when they actually announced a Royal Guard figure, with armor underneath, who can easily be customized as him:lol

Sideshow actually did that first back in 2005, the voting was between Arctic Suit Padme (Snowbunny), Asajj Ventress, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Quinlan Vos, Mara Jade, and Kir Kanos. That f'n Snowbunny Padme won, so that's why we got her, Kir Kanos was either second or third with Ventress. Sideshow then promised us they'd make others from the vote, they made Ventress and Thrawn and that's it.

Sideshow Collectors Choice EU Star Wars Poll 001.jpg
It began as a way to fill the gaps between movies, a means to tell some of the tantalizing stories hinted at and implied in film dialogue. For a time it was a new hope for adventure in the Star Wars universe when it seemed there might not be any more movies left. Now it dwarfs even the six features in sheer size and content, crosses all manner of media and sports a cast of named characters numbering in the thousands. Complex and thorough, at times bewildering and often the subject of the most fearsome fan debates, this entity has a name- the EU, the Expanded Universe.
Sideshow Collectibles is allowing Star Wars fans to pick the first Star Wars Expanded Universe character that goes into production! We will be running this poll from August 19 to November 4, allowing you, the collectors, to choose your favorite from the pre-selected Expanded Universe characters pictured at the link below.
kir_kanos_100x100.gif

This was back when Sideshow was fun and interacted with us on the forum.

Wow, that's exactly what Hot Toys should be doing. Collectors choice poll.

Guess SS stopped because of all the hate messages and whining when the little boys didn't get what they voted for.

It's even simpler than Yoda though. Yoda had a unique base, body, more accessories, and more elaborate paint app (Edit: and two heads!).
It's Hot Toys, this will cost around $240 for one, and a $20 discount for $460 for the two pack.

I agree, people shouldn't attempt to base this on what it'll actual cost. They'll price it on what they think people will pay.

Sideshow actually did that first back in 2005, the voting was between Arctic Suit Padme (Snowbunny), Asajj Ventress, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Quinlan Vos, Mara Jade, and Kir Kanos. That f'n Snowbunny Padme won, so that's why we got her, Kir Kanos was either second or third with Ventress. Sideshow then promised us they'd make others from the vote, they made Ventress and Thrawn and that's it.

View attachment 336008

View attachment 336009

This was back when Sideshow was fun and interacted with us on the forum.

Oh, man. That's just sad to hear since like you said, that totally feels different from the Sideshow I've known since I started collecting in ~2009.

I hope Hot Toys is planning mass production because many collectors want two :lol. Me first! Really looking forward to the official announcement for this figure.

Back