Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this at celebration. Unexpected and looked amazing. Won't let me upload pics from my phone so.maybe later tonight I'll try to get on my wife's laptop she brought on vacation.

Royal Guard is nice but your spending apprx $230 for what? Helmet and a robe? It more of a decorative / supporting / background piece!! Emperor as well. Its a beautiful “presence” in your collection but again its a face sculpt (no hidden face sculpt) covered in a robe.

And that is how they all will be posed. HT shouldn't even bother with an articulated body. :lol

But they'll still ask us to pay $220.
Since these guys are so simple, they shouldn't charge us more than $150. What else is on this; a helmet head with simple paint ap, boots, a couple of hands, basic jumpsuit, a reused stand, a Force Pike, and a simple robe on a standard reused True Type. This shouldn't cost anywhere near $200.

Yeah, rather than doing all that EU armor under the cloak like Hasbro does, it would be great to just get two bare bodies, cloaks, staffs, helmets with two pairs of red gloves for under $300. This chaarcter is a great opportunity for a lower-price, bare-bones figure.

Instead it'll be all the under-cloak armor you never see, and details you never saw in the movie, for $220 each.:(

I'm so locked in for this & the Emperor! It is definitely going to be an expensive year for us Star Wars fans! HT has my money for these & Last Jedi!

Here's some pics...

20170413_131147.jpg

20170413_131150.jpg

20170413_131155.jpg

20170413_153858.jpg

20170413_153854.jpg

20170413_154701.jpg

sorry.. not sideways on computer

Attachments

• 20170413_131147.jpg
    20170413_131147.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 241
Question is ... when it will be announced? And put for PO? Yes, i can't wait.

Looks good! Not sure if I need these but it'll be hard to resist.

Emperor and two of these guards would be an insane set up. Give Emp his throne and you have a Jabba set-up contender.

Never cared for the SSC Emperor so all I have is the Hasbro Emp on the SSC throne (that I got for $100) and two Hasbro Royal guards. It looks okay way in the background, but getting the HT upgrade will move it to front row. The HT throne will likely be over $200 so won't need it - the SSC isn't perfect, but it's just a chair and is fine.

I knew HT would eventually do Emperor - and I just saw a SSC Emperor sell for over $300 on eBay yesterday - that buyer just got a shock today.:slap:lol

I like your approach Tali, I don't have the throne, but I do know that if HT banged out a new one with lights and shiz, yeah.. better start thinking of banking on your sideshow thrown and getting that $100 back + some to fund the new version ;)

Back