Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really hope there's armor under the Royal Guard's cloak :pray:

Some would say it's not screen accurate. And although I like the armor, I must agree.

Cloak wouldn't hang properly with armor under there (you'd see it protruding,) unless it's ultra thin.

To me armor's really EU, very hasbro 1990's, and would add cost/complexity to a figure that in theory could be released for just under $200.

FINALLY LUKE!!! And PALPs to boot!!!.....expensive year coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally! Some good stuff coming... now do I replace my SSC Emperor???

I don't know might keep both. I redid the sculpt on my emperor. IMG_0236.jpg

Finally! Some good stuff coming... now do I replace my SSC Emperor???

I'm having the same internal debate. It is really going to depend on the full set of photos and whether they include any extras with this emperor that I don't have on the first. I could see them doing some lighting from the hands like Scarlet Witch, but the plastic re-creation always looks pretty plasticky (can't imagine why). Oh who am I kidding.... I'll find the need to display two Emperors. One on throne and one standing with evil Sith grimace.

I wonder if HT will have the purple underneath the robes?

I think it will be close to Medicom version, which was very cool, and will come with a few hands, a force pike and that is it. Underneath there will be a couple robes/shirt and pants. Hope thus it will be cheaper.

I'm having the same internal debate. It is really going to depend on the full set of photos and whether they include any extras with this emperor that I don't have on the first. I could see them doing some lighting from the hands like Scarlet Witch, but the plastic re-creation always looks pretty plasticky (can't imagine why). Oh who am I kidding.... I'll find the need to display two Emperors. One on throne and one standing with evil Sith grimace.

I feel the same, except I already have one SSC emperor sitting and a SSC Ex Emperor standing, what to do?!??!

Don't give HT ideas, they'll do that and make it 5% diecast and charge 300

Agree about the armor, it'll just be an unnecessary EU addition to a simple but beautiful OT figure. Some generic robes and that's it, please.

I wonder if they will make a lot of these, seeing as a lot of people will buy two for obvious reasons?

They can make as many as they want its the price that will determine how many sell. This is about as basic a figure as possible and if it comes in at over $120 is a rip off.

Last edited:
They can make as many as they want its the price that will determine how many sell. This is about as basic a figure as possible and if it comes in at over $120 is a rip off.

Pretty much no doubt you will think it is a rip off then. I think the best it comes in is at 204.99 like the Deathstar Gunner.

Back