1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been there done this. I`m not going down the PT hole again. it looks great I had the SS version but sold everything off of the PT stuff years ago just sticking with the OT line as for space and funds.

I know i won't be able to resist. Pretty sure HT will tackle both versions Sideshow forgot along the way (Galactic Marine and Kashyyyk Scout) and, when that time comes, i'll need updated versions of Cody and bros.

The SSC version actually holds up pretty well even with the newer HT offerings so it'll be difficult to convince me to get this. I'm willing to let HT try though :lol

I have the SSC one. It was a collaboration with Hot Toys and it's not bad at all, so unless there's a real-like Temuera Morrison HS, I'm not sure where HT is going with this....

If I remember correctly, the only thing HT had input on was the new body that was developed for the clones at the time.

I really hope this is the beginning of a new line of clone releases, image if they release clones like Hardcore, Tup or Commander Thorn. I sadly missed out on getting the Sideshow clones, mostly because I didn't realize they even existed.

If I remember correctly, the only thing HT had input on was the new body that was developed for the clones at the time.

Yep, HT assisted with design of the clone bodies and Hobbits... but then Sideshow made them and the first ones were pretty floppy. They improved over time, but it was a bit of an odd design that never really worked as well as it could. When HT released their first Stormtrooper the body was pretty much perfect so I'd expect a similar level of quality from their clones.

Hmmm... Not sure if I need to upgrade my Cody as I have the SS version. This does look nice though.

For those mentioning Rex, Wolffe and Echo & Fives..... I wouldn't hold my breathe. Rex or any of those other characters were not in the PT movies. They were created for the Clone Wars cartoon. Which is a whole other license for HT to be able to make them.

For those mentioning Rex, Wolffe and Echo & Fives..... I wouldn't hold my breathe. Rex or any of those other characters were not in the PT movies. They were created for the Clone Wars cartoon. Which is a whole other license for HT to be able to make them.

Never thought about that. Good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though i concur HT may not go as deep as CW or TCW when it comes to Clones, i'm not quite sure their Star Wars licence wouldn't allow them to delve in that material. After all, they did base a few of their releases on Battlefront 2 troopers and even produced an Animated Boba Fett based on Star Wars Holiday Special cartoon.

The first thing I noticed was the exact same mistake Sideshow made on the original release, the grey chin paint where it should be black. For that reason, at first, I thought is was just a SSC re-issue. It must have to do with the files they receive from Lucasfilm.

Credit: Rebelscum.

Hot-Toys-2018-San-Diego-Display-First-Look-002.jpg

aed6d395dc68a1d591795e9d43e7ca29.jpg

ohhhh damn here we go!

Time to sell off my remaining sideshow clones lol

The weathering alone will make these far superior to the SSC versions.

My thoughts exactly. Clonetroopers are moneymakers (or moneysuckers depending what side of the transaction you're on). Now I haveta decide if I want to scramble and sell the SS troopers. At least some of them.

Back