1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really brother, compare the two side by side in hand and you'll see a world of difference! It may say Hot Toys on the box, but those are definitely not true types by any stretch.

I own them and have replaced the body suits on a couple, they're HT True Types.

I own them and have replaced the body suits on a couple, they're HT True Types.

My SSC Cody was a floppy mess of a body, but I never tried to swap so hey maybe you're right man. But I've never encountered a genuine true type that was a floppy mess lol

I did swap a few earlier clones though and they most definitely were not on true types, they were on Sidehows crap flop fest same as clone wars obi-wan. "special" bodies they produced with extra skinny limbs to help accommodate the armor. My later clones like Rex phase 2, Arc troopers etc.. were on nice solid bodies though.. who knows maybe they started putting them on at some point? Did you replace earlier or later clones?

Characters like this, I think I’ll stick with my Sideshow version. (I’ve said that before, but this time I mean it). :lol

:lol Been there... luckily I'm out of collecting the PT; so I can stay strong. Should be a killer figure though; HT will find a way to even make the better clones Sideshow released look like junk.

My SSC Cody was a floppy mess of a body, but I never tried to swap so hey maybe you're right man. But I've never encountered a genuine true type that was a floppy mess lol

I did swap a few earlier clones though and they most definitely were not on true types, they were on Sidehows crap flop fest same as clone wars obi-wan. "special" bodies they produced with extra skinny limbs to help accommodate the armor. My later clones like Rex phase 2, Arc troopers etc.. were on nice solid bodies though.. who knows maybe they started putting them on at some point? Did you replace earlier or later clones?

The first True Types were also loose, the very first were the Colonial Marines Apone and Hicks that you had to put together. I also have some Predators that suffer from loose joints. Whenever a new version comes out the first ones have a tendency of having flaws. The SSC Hobbits are also Hot Toys True types and were very loose, it takes time for the manufacturer to dial in the tolerances of the joints on new bodies.

The first True Types were also loose, the very first were the Colonial Marines Apone and Hicks that you had to put together. I also have some Predators that suffer from loose joints. Whenever a new version comes out the first ones have a tendency of having flaws. The SSC Hobbits are also Hot Toys True types and were very loose, it takes time for the manufacturer to dial in the tolerances of the joints.

I gotcha, I had all those marines and early predators too bud, and yeah the quality wasnt as good, but I dont know if those were really considered Hot Toys tru types yet as they were self assembled kits.

By the time SSC's clones rolled around all the Hot Toys I got were very solid compared to everything else, and I still dont think the hobbits or any other SSC figures were on genuine Hot Toys bodies. Hot Toys helped develop them is all like lipsmack said in a previous post. What you say makes sense though about dialing in tolerances, and think that's probably why SSC's later clones were more solid.

but I think we're getting into details and going in circles here lol We might just have to agree to disagree on this one :duff

It's funny thinking back at some of the old threads whenever a new Sideshow Clone came out with people crying for "something new"[emoji38]
I missed most, if not all the Sideshow clones. I've been patiently waiting for HT to deliver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have the SSC one. It was a collaboration with Hot Toys and it's not bad at all, so unless there's a real-like Temuera Morrison HS, I'm not sure where HT is going with this....

I have the SSC one. It was a collaboration with Hot Toys and it's not bad at all, so unless there's a real-like Temuera Morrison HS, I'm not sure where HT is going with this....

To make ~$250 from everybody who doesn't want to cough up $350+ for the old Sideshow one?:dunno

Although I'm sure someone will pop in saying they just bought one for $225 recently:lol

Back