1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - AIRBORNE TROOPER (Beehive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i had to venture and bet, right now i'd say over 60% chances of a release. Granted it's been nearly a year since it was previewed but Cody only got a PO in february iirc. Besides, HT have barely scratched the PT surface and it's a trooper.

Is it just me that does not like Airborne trooper at all? That's the most terrible trooper design in SW IMHO.

Like most everything, i guess you'll find people liking or disliking a design. FOr my part, i kind of dig that one. Not that there's any particular trooper design that i dislike anyway.

Not included with Cody official release which would probably means this one is sinked into oblivion. There is no point of seperate release,too bad I've always wanted 2 pack for this.

Thanks, all. Interesting that there are varied perspectives. I'm down just so ROTS Obi has frenemies, and the old sideshow version is running a small fortune right now.

We really need a dedicated Clone Trooper thread. Hot Toys will make loads of these guys over the next few years.

Yeah, now that Star Wars is over for a few years, HT has nothing to do but go back to the old ones... and that was clearly the plan, unleashing the first few PT figures last year. I expect many more to come. And yes, I think there will be plenty of troopers (even if this unique one doesn't make the cut).

I mean, think about how many OT stormtroopers HT made over the last 4 years:

ANH Stormtrooper - regular
ANH Stormtrooper - tall
ANH Stormtrooper - short
ROTJ stormtrooper
Spacetrooper
Sandtrooper
Snowtrooper
Han-trooper
Luke-trooper
Shadow-trooper
Gold-trooper
Bronze-trooper
Porcelain-trooper

And I'm sure I missed one or two...

Yeah, now that Star Wars is over for a few years, HT has nothing to do but go back to the old ones... and that was clearly the plan, unleashing the first few PT figures last year. I expect many more to come. And yes, I think there will be plenty of troopers (even if this unique one doesn't make the cut).

I mean, think about how many OT stormtroopers HT made over the last 4 years:

ANH Stormtrooper - regular
ANH Stormtrooper - tall
ANH Stormtrooper - short
ROTJ stormtrooper
Spacetrooper
Sandtrooper
Snowtrooper
Han-trooper
Luke-trooper
Shadow-trooper
Gold-trooper
Bronze-trooper
Porcelain-trooper

And I'm sure I missed one or two...

Without even looking I think they released just as many ST troopers too in that time span lol

They'll make Rex for sure, even though he's not officially part of the movies.

As far as movie releases are concerned I'd consider the order of importance to be something like this:

1) Commader Gree
2) 501st Legion
3) Coruscant Guard
4) Commander Bacara
5) 212th Attack Battalion (Regular Trooper)
6) Commander Bly
7) Commander Neyo
8) Galactic Marine
9) 41st Elite Corp (Clone Scout Trooper)
10) 41st Elite Corp (Regular Trooper)

At least the first 7 should be made within the next 2-3 years. My personal favourites being Bacara and the Galactic Marine.

I also want a battle droid and droideka. But I won' go for every color variant.

I also want a battle droid and droideka. But I won' go for every color variant.

There’s absolutely no reason why they couldn’t make a two pack of the plain grunt Battle Droid and the Commander, with swap out red marking and blue marking pieces for the Security Droid and Pilot Droid. Would that make too much sense for Hot Toys?

The Republic practiced diversity of armor and didn't have to be in your face about it - are you listening, Disney? :rotfl

Hmmm... lets see, having them plug and play color-friendly instead of individually painting each up different colors and released in waves, making more money. I think plug and play color idea is great, Captain Trips, and everybody knows making more money never got in the way of a great idea! :wink1:

I suppose it’s a good thing I’m not in charge of Hot Toys’ marketing. I’d bankrupt them within 3 months.

My want list: Phase 1, Phase 2 (212, 501 or Cody), battle droid, droideka
This list would be much longer if I have the space and cash.

:rotflFunny how brilliance and money don't always go hand-in-hand!

Don't feel too bad, I'd probably bankrupt them in 1 month - I'd do figures like Jabba and Droidekas and Valkyrie with Pegasus - all the interesting aliens from Star Wars and from the Marvel and DC MCUs. I just think aliens have more interesting shapes, not just boring human characters! And I'd want to expend to the Star Wars Clone Wars and other series, not to mention do an expanded BTTF, add MIB, revisit ALIENS and all the major franchises (LOTR, Star Trek, heck I'd even like to see Galaxy Quest done even though it was a spoof).

We would get Clone Solier Beehive.

Plus, we would have those Kashyyyk scout troopers. It would be fun to release triple packs - like for Kashyyyk Gree/Scout Trooper/Clone Soldier. And maybe the more generic Clone Troopers with mix and match armor colors.

Hey, a guy can dream!

Just think of it this way, you'd make a lot of geeks' dreams come true... for a short while at least.

Alive and well.... and displayed proudly without his crutch Cody.

@ CCG show 7-10-19.jpg

SDCC have become “take it with a grain of salt” for me. HT can show us the world but can they back it up as a “Preorder” that’s when its real!! Seriously how excited will you be if SDCC shows us Gonk droid, SD trooper, Airborn Trooper, Sandtrooper, C-3PO this year?

Back