1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - AIRBORNE TROOPER (Beehive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys ROTS - AIRBORNE TROOPER

I was all in for the Sideshow Clones, missed out on this guy so it'll be interesting to see how they display together. I might pick him up to fill the hole but if they look miles better for some reason then it'll start me on the path of replacement.

Yup. Obi wan, Cody, and this guy. That's a detolf cube. ****ing hell they are going balls deep with the reveals.

What movie is this figure from?

ROTS. You can spot them reporting to Cody after Obi-Wan supposed demise on Utapau.

2nd_airborne_company.jpg

Funny you'd mention this as that shot is a composition found on the web. Couldn't locate a movie cell good enough to post on here but it's definitely a design from the movie. Lucas's design teams went all out with ROTS clones variants.

I'm very interested to see how they handled the boots on the clone troopers. Whether the top of the boot will actually go up, under the shin armor, or if they will go the Sideshow route and just lop off the top of the boot entirely.

Funny you'd mention this as that shot is a composition found on the web. Couldn't locate a movie cell good enough to post on here but it's definitely a design from the movie.

What are you talking about? It's not a comp, it's a still from the movie. Taken from StarWarsScreencaps:

starwars3-movie-screencaps.com-10211.jpg

As are these:
starwars3-movie-screencaps.com-9374.jpg

starwars3-movie-screencaps.com-9387.jpg

starwars3-movie-screencaps.com-9501.jpg

starwars3-movie-screencaps.com-10221.jpg

Bought for sure... I hope HT does some phase 2 clones with battalion specific colors like 212th to go with this and Cody... And 501'st because I missed the sideshow one.

Bought for sure... I hope HT does some phase 2 clones with battalion specific colors like 212th to go with this and Cody... And 501'st because I missed the sideshow one.
Definitely want 501st. Commander Gree and the Kashyyk troopers would be great as well.

The Sideshow Airborne Trooper was the last 1:6 I bought second-hand back in 2014. I moved countries about 1 month later and he and his clone brethren have sadly been in their boxes ever since and I can't even remember what they looked like. Will have to dig him out one day to have a look and decide whether he still holds up.

I am by no means a walking encyclopedia on clone design, but if I had to choose the best designs with coolest color combination, it would, hands-down, boil down to Cody, Bly, this Airborne guy (particularly), Neyo and Cad Bane in Denal disguise. Bacara, and the rest of the pack, even recent ones, are either inferior designs, or just rehashes with different colors (including those beefed-up Echo and Fives Phase II). There is also the standard clone (e.g. SSC's The Veteran) which would be a reference. So 6 clones in total. That, to my mind, would be the golden canon of clone design.

I was fearing HT entering this path. I hoped it would take them a bit longer, but nope... And which ones have they chosen for getting started??

Best,
m.

Even though this is my least favourite Clone Trooper design, I'll be goddamned if I'm not game for this guy!

Looks like they’re only doing ROTS clones. They should just skip the BS and make some more Clone Wars clones.

I’d be down for some Kashyyyk troopers though.

Also an ARF trooper and AT-RT.

Possibly some Clone Commando’s and more ARC troopers

Fairly new to the hame (2 years) so I missed the clone army building. Have to get in on the ground floor now with this guy. Imagine many more will be made!

Back