Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very cool Wor-Gar! Best in throne pose I've seen yet for sure. Makes me rethink my decision to pass on the deluxe...

Very nice wor!
Looks amazing. I was so down on this when I first got it, but now i love it. It just really needs a lot of futzing and time. So glad I have the deluxe.
Wor, did u snip the hood or is that stock?

Trying to get a good detail shot of figures with white skin is very difficult with a camera phone....
Even with high end photography equipment its a chore.

I did a video review of TBL’s Lady Death, and had a devil of a time trying to get photos of her.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Thanks again guys!

fantasticfrog: yes, I snipped the forward stitches AND the side stitches (the ones creating the "wrinkles" in the sides of the hood). I left the rear stitch in so the back of the hood doesn't lift upward like a conehead.

The wire in the front of the hood helps hold the form so you can get the front to lay very flat across his shoulders. There's still a bit of a bulbous part on top of the hood where the seam is but it is somewhat futzable.

Thanks again guys!

fantasticfrog: yes, I snipped the forward stitches AND the side stitches (the ones creating the "wrinkles" in the sides of the hood). I left the rear stitch in so the back of the hood doesn't lift upward like a conehead.

The wire in the front of the hood helps hold the form so you can get the front to lay very flat across his shoulders. There's still a bit of a bulbous part on top of the hood where the seam is but it is somewhat futzable.

Yes. Cutting the stitches is key to achieving the ROTJ look.

With the double rewards points deal going on and this showing up as low stock I decided to blow all of my rewards points on the emperor, a royal guard, and ESB Vader.

very nice hood futzzing @Wor-Gar

Emp 4.jpg

So has this been officially shipped by Sideshow? Their website still says it's on pre-order and I haven't received any notification from BBTS.

For some stupid as **** reason they are shipping out the version with the chair like three units every month (not accurate numbers)

Their shipping of the deluxe version is infuriating to me. I see the damn single version sitting at my local shops for weeks. It’s a really idiotic move by hot toys because I’m tempted to just get that and forget about it.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve been as annoyed at hot toys and sideshow. Probably Jack sparrow Dx14. The shipping for that was stupid as hell too.

I messaged Sideshow and they said they don’t really have any idea when the next batch of deluxe ones will be in. They haven’t received any notifications on it yet. Reeeeally hoping to hear something by the 10th or it’s back to the drawing board for my husband’s Christmas gift...

If Sideshow is still shipping Deluxe figures to their own customers, BBTS isn't getting stock any time soon.

Back