Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do see there's gold there but its clouded by those brown red "iris" lines. Far from the almost glowing predator-yellow eyes.

palpatine-being-bad.png

That pic also shows how important it is to narrow the opening of his hood for the proper menacing look. I've seen way too many shots on here where the hood is flared wide open.

Good thing he comes with wiring in I believe the hood, sleeves and robe end.

And thats how I look admiring goldfish too, nothing wrong with that

It's important to note that Hot Toys(And many other "1/6" manufacturers), generally make figures in 12" scale. Most male characters being 12", and most females being just under 11".
There are exceptions(The Man Of Steel line were all proper 1/6, and looked massive), but they tend to stick to that.
And of course, when it comes to making scaled accessories, they can appear a little big as most figures are fractionally smaller than they should be.
They probably got the Emperor's throne correct, but he is slightly too small, as he was likely scaled to their Vader figures.
I see it being the opposite, like how all the Han's, Leia's & Luke's have been oversized.
Or take SS figures like Snake Plissken or Freddy Krueger; they're both a bit too tall. The Emperor should be 11.5" for 1/6 scale. I don't have it yet, but I'm guessing it's slightly taller than that. Just thinking about how they make all the Vader's too tall; which is funny with a character like Chewie..cause they made them too short. You'd think they'd be a little over sized than under.

YOu've done a huge amount of work on that robe, but it's definitely looking better. With some pulling and further futzing, and if the wrinkles stay, it should look good. You've tamed those awful arms seams quite well.

6a3b30675f0691cf3ad14b412fcd51ab.jpg

667bd665abb7a0b39039df29aeb0b90a.jpg

There is no question that it is a massive improvement and no longer has the “sack of potatoes” look.
Will do another round on the arms over the weekend (very subtle wrinkles to be added there though) ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice!

Due to the expression of the sculpt though, I really do think there’s a limited amount of poses you can do with this guy without it looking goofy because the big wide cackling grin just doesn’t fit the pose.

Due to the expression of the sculpt though, I really do think there’s a limited amount of poses you can do with this guy without it looking goofy because the big wide cackling grin just doesn’t fit the pose.

I agree. He just looks more happy than sinister, especially with his eyes looking hazel rather than Sith yellow. Maybe if the hood could be pulled more tightly around his face it would help.

I’ve ordered this figure, but can’t stop thinking about Robot Chicken when I see the pictures [emoji853]

I think he needs to have his head leaning forward when slouched on the throne. Looks better than the "I'm drunk and slowly sliding down the chair" look.

The Frenchman posed it pretty good in that video.

I'd love to see someone give this old crusty guy a lightsaber and put him in an action pose. :)

Back