Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's at NYCC, they were able to put his feet on the floor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

He's at NYCC, they were able to put his feet on the floor.

Yeah, noticed that. What's their trick...:confused:

Looks like they shortened his chair for the show...

NYCC-2018-Hot-Toys-021cu - chair adjusted.jpg

full pic:

NYCC-2018-Hot-Toys-021.jpg

43184119_10156238921574145_2507482489581207552_n.jpg

Sitting forward and it looks like the cloth is bunched up a little give it more height to get closer to his feet.

Last edited:
Thanks JKNO. I'll also get it in a couple of months. Just want to pre-plan the display. There are a couple of others also after rough dimensions of the throne.

I really thought a simple dimension like the depth, height and width could have been quickly given by one of the guys that have this already.

I also thought this forum and thread was a decent place (aside from the occasional heated "debate") where people also help each other. If people have reasonable questions I would always help.

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed.

But again thanks. I'll still be interested in your comparison when you get yours.

Missed your message, sorry. Let's hope someone will decide to make a comparison soon. I guess some collectors already sold their SSC Emperor and throne, some didn't have it at all, and thus not too easy to compare them. My way of doing business is to keep the old item till the new one arrives, and then compare them, even if this means I might lose a couple bucks in the process of reselling the old collectible (though it only happened to lose some light money on one single item). So I'll definitely compare the two. And yes, I like helping other people, but unfortunately not everyone does this, as you noticed. Let's be patient and wait to see what happens :)

Sitting forward and it looks like the cloth is bunched up a little give it more height to get closer to his feet.

It's funny that they know there is an issue and have done that to hide it rather than fix the problem in the next batch.

Horrible screen cap from the live stream but you can see how they positioned him in the chair.

f7e3c0e9d496978c8a77ffa06780f23a.png

Here's one I took:

iLHiM0F.jpg

Looked good I guess. Yeah, he was really slouched in the chair to get his feet low. Looked like he would have slid off the chair!

It looks like the base is sunk into the fabric a bit, lowering the chair. Plus he is slid forward helping to facilitate his feet touching the ground and you can see in that last pic he has feet on two different levels. One up higher than the other.

I never thought I would be able to have him rest his back against the throne....

He looked too slouched in those shots.

I planned on having hime sitting forward a bit, so nice to see he can flatfoot himself by sitting with good posture....

Although it looks like they have 2 tiers under that cloth. And if one is the included base, the other foot is clearly angled down....so the short issue is still and issue if this pic is accurate.....

6401c31234c88b0e1a6d6a45d829fa1f.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I've seen a few folks talking about receiving a delay notice on this until November.....but I haven't received one. Anyone know what's up? Weird that HK has had this one for a while and recently SS hasn't been too far behind.

Back