Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you just take the normal stand and put it under his feet? not sure what it would look like but kind of like moving the floor up instead of moving the chair down.

Or worse, you probably need quite a bit of the peg to fit into the base of the chair, if you shave off too much the chair may not stay on the base....

No, think about it. You're only taking off the distance his feet are off the ground. The peg will still sit all the way in. Gravity takes care of that.

Ok. Let’s recap.

1. Figure is too short.
2. Seems are too big/noticeable
3. Robes have heavy dye and will stain.
4. Robe is too short if you make it taller
5. Robes are too bulky
6. Expression still wonky
7. Wrinkles not wrinkly enough
8. Eyes not yellow enough
9. Chair base too tall
10. Chair cushion too high
11. Chair cushion doesn’t sink down
12. Chair base bottom not designed right

Did I miss anything?
I’m still getting one.

898fcbfc98b2e4ac2dd37dc18a943bb9.gif

13. sold out at many online stores. :)

Get him guys, once hes gone he is gone. Unlike Vader there is not 14 different versions out there. Sculpt is amazing, look at a proper high res video or photo, not low res compressed to death .jpg files or clips from iphone 4. Eyes are nice and yellow, hands pale and veiny, tooth hygiene doubtful.. I really think they nailed this, down to the cane and cloak clasp being accurate.

And tho I wish we'd get a second sculpt or three, I think the one they picked is the best one for both likeness and the character, the scheming cocky old cackler..

Thanks for all the pics faststreets. If nothing else it helps keep the discussion going.

I have many complaints about a lot of my figures and I could nitpick them to death and make myself enjoy them less yet I still keep buying them. Why? Because they are amazing pieces of work. Not perfect by any stretch but still amazing.

There are also levels of nitpicking that we have to contend with and are willing to accept or not. Ultimately that is everyone’s individual choice. Whether to accept the figures limitations, fix them, or not to deal with them at all by not buying them.

I still think this looks amazing. Nitpicks aside it will be in my collection. I may choose to leave it stock but more likely I’ll mod it in some way to keep my OCD at bay.

f55a4df0c9b7ef22ed8bc3e9e909ac14.jpg

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. For the money paid for a figure like this, it can't be that hard to make a robe that doesn't bleed. Hot Toys knows very well this figure is going to be displayed with the hood ON. It's not like there are scenes of the emperor without his hood up in the OT (except maybe his visit to the hairdresser on Robot Chicken). Sideshow didn't have such a problem.

The sculpt looks great, but this is shameful, in my opinion. Purely shameful.

Avoid direct contact of the robe with the headsculpt and hands for long periods of time; otherwise, the color of the fabric may transfer onto the figure. WTF Hot Toys? Should I bathe the Emperor and wash his clothes? Maybe even use fabric softener... FFS. LOL :lol

Ok. Let’s recap.

1. Figure is too short.
2. Seems are too big/noticeable
3. Robes have heavy dye and will stain.
4. Robe is too short if you make it taller
5. Robes are too bulky
6. Expression still wonky
7. Wrinkles not wrinkly enough
8. Eyes not yellow enough
9. Chair base too tall
10. Chair cushion too high
11. Chair cushion doesn’t sink down
12. Chair base bottom not designed right

Did I miss anything?
I’m still getting one.

LOL :lol

Maybe the disclaimer is there just so they don’t get a lawsuit in 10 years when someone looks at their doll and sees some stains. I hope we don’t have to rinse this robe. My wife may not be able to take much more in regards to me caring for my dolls. I’ve done some things to figures I’m not proud of as a 42 year old guy.
Lovingly brushing ht chewie for hours
Using a cotton swab to clean blue spots off of hoth leia
Undressing ht han to take out a copper wire
Squeezing anh leias boobs to see if they really were squishy (they were)
Screaming “f yeah” every time I pass my display cases.

That said
Can’t wait for palpatine, faults and all

That's the spirit :lecture

Looks amazing! Taking back everything I said until crappy pics get posted again. :monkey

New pics look great. My only real gripe is the high-chair throne feet dangling issue. I have to figure that out
Cannot wait.

The robe texture reminds me of this hasbro Sidious figure. Its almost like they wanted a mash up like we've seen in the past.

Attachments

• star-wars-kids-toys-darth-sidious-darth-vader.jpg
    star-wars-kids-toys-darth-sidious-darth-vader.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 210
Back