Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll wait for in hand pics to really judge, but I think I would have preferred an angry or neutral palpatine. The sarcastic smile makes him look like he has gas. Take that royal guards standing behind him.
The reason for no second angry head is so that they can sell us palpatine v2 in a few years instead of ever making the background characters we all want.

View attachment 427750

Pictures of the production head from JC Hong'S Facebook.

Thanks for these pics. My initial impression for the blogger pics was that the chin and lower face was too clean and flat (no wrinkles). But these pics really show that there are also wrinkles etc all around his mouth and chin.

Can't wait to get that huge box with Throne delivered !!!

Looks great but could their be a staining issue from the hood like obi wan? He has to have his hood up so hopefully they've thought of this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dn2UBQLUYAABOoV.jpg

Love the creepy grin...

Good to see they sculpted actual hair like he had in Episode 3. Looks fantastic. Blogger pics always suck. I have no doubt it will look amazing in hand. Very exciting time to be a 1/6 collector.

Can't wait to get mine. Shame this is the last OT figure that we'll be getting for some time, but my wallet could do with a break.

Wow , great to see two things....

HK release before the states, because I love the inevitable panic/cancelation/reconciliation cycle...

And that head sculpt already looks dead on. I have gotten used to the first “over lighted” pictures, and can tell when they sculpt is good , even without the benefit of shadows and realistic lighting. Jedi Luke schooled me on that one.

The hair added to the back looks like a perfect artist representation of what it “should” look like under that hood from what we know of PT Palps.

Knockout of the park for HT on one of the most iconic and important characters in SW!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Darn, they are releasing Emperor and my distributor didn't even bring the Royal Guards and ESB Vader. Cannot wait for all of them.

Glad they went more grey vs the old pics which looked more fleshy.

Or maybe that's my dumb eyes. :3

Not sure who your reseller is in Japan but the normal Japanese release coincides with when Sideshow gets theirs in the States. So, your Japanese reseller is most likely getting it from HK if you’ve used this reseller previously and gotten them before the shipments arrive at Sideshow.

I always PO to Toy Sapiens but I was wondering if there is have a 1 month delay between the HK release this time or if it will be a simultaneous release like the Royal Guards

This is very emotional as Emperor is my last HT figure. Which means the end of anticipation.

“its so hard to say goodbye to yesterday…..and I’ll take with me the memories….." :(

Bummer is the sculpt is absolutely out of place if you want to use force lighting.

I really don’t like how the Emperor sits on the throne chair. He looks like a toddler in a high chair. Something is off with the scale, my feeling is that the chair’s seat cushion is too deep.

Yeah it's still not the best expression they could have chosen, and somehow it comes off even less sinister than in the proto pics, but I'm sure in hand and under the proper lighting it'll look better.

Back