Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So $314 plus USA shipping and taxes.

What's that in total?

I guessed $350 earlier.

Sent from the Death Star Communications Division.

Well, I guess the first Vader was $300, so Emp with throne matches that.

Plus not much reuse for the throne or this version of the Emperor.

That said, the reg is the better deal. But I want the damn chair. Finally have an item to use those $350 in Reward Points.

So $314 plus USA shipping and taxes.

What's that in total?

I guessed $350 earlier.

Sent from the Death Star Communications Division.

You can order most places without tax and several places have free shipping (or $4 shipping like BBTS). Most anyone should pay in the US is $319 (BBTS).

I said earlier I wouldn’t for over $314 but then I got to thinking about it and after this there aren’t that many Original Trilogy grails I really want. A couple odds and ends and some bigger characters like Bespin Han, Lando, and Jabba but my list is dwindling down. Maybe I can justify this.. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well $220 is roughly the cheapest HT prices these days so I'm happy the the Regular is priced here. I was afraid it would be in Tarkin $235 which I felt was high. Will be pre-ordering the regular baby!!

Yeah, not sure if I decide on this if I need the chair. Don't know if it's worth a $100... If I was getting 2 royal guards to flank him, maybe. Also not sure as to why Palps is $15 more than the Royal Guard?? They should be the same. But, they know Palps will sell better, and a lower Guard price may entice people to buy 2.... I see you HT!! :nono

Also, I love how when you sign up for the RSVP alert with SS you get the email like 5 minutes before their regular mass e-mail... :lol 5 WHOLE Minutes!!! Like anything sells out in 5 minutes anymore.

I have my doubts about whether or not the sculpt changed, so I used Photoshop to tweak one of the "Ed Harris" pics from earlier in this thread. All I did to the face was add some color under the eyes. Then I re-worked the hood to make it more of triangle. It makes a difference, but I still can't tell if they changed the sculpt at all for the new promo pics.

EdHarrisEmperorCompare.jpg

No matter what, the new Hot Toys promo pics certainly make this figure look a whole lot better than it had in previous images.

To me it's pretty obvious the sculpt is different. We all know that angles and lighting can change dramatically the way a figure looks, but still. I'm sure it's new. And much better.

Ordered the Deluxe and a Guard. I'll have to try and snag another Guard later. Funds are drying up. :(

Back