Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think standing would be the best look for this figure. I could see the throne looking cool behind him as he stood in front of it but not for $94 + shipping.

I have my doubts about whether or not the sculpt changed, so I used Photoshop to tweak one of the "Ed Harris" pics from earlier in this thread. All I did to the face was add some color under the eyes. Then I re-worked the hood to make it more of triangle. It makes a difference, but I still can't tell if they changed the sculpt at all for the new promo pics.

View attachment 391185

No matter what, the new Hot Toys promo pics certainly make this figure look a whole lot better than it had in previous images.

If you lay the two pictures over each other in Photoshop you'll find out it's the exact same sculpt, only painted differently. The area below the eyes wasn't painted properly on the prototype.

Whether or not the sculpt has changed from earlier pics we saw is moot for me, the promo pics look great and swayed me from pursuing the Sideshow figure to buying HT.

On no, you didn't start thinking, did you? A collector's bête noire.
:lol Hey now!! I give in easily but realistically I don’t have a lot of other pieces I really want. Some random filler characters and the few major ones I mentioned. I haven’t pre-ordered or anything yet and if I do it’ll probably be with BBTS as long as there’s no NRD. I’ve wanted the Emperor and his throne since it was revealed and I think I’d end up regretting not getting the whole package even though the figure on its own is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I'll probably end up posing Palpatine standing, but I like the additional options that the Throne provides, even if it is pricey as Hell.

Mind you, no one complained about the Star Trek Captain's Chair from QMX at $130, so $94 for the Throne with lights isn't that bad in comparison. Sure the Captain's Chair has sounds as well, but it's kind of interesting how people, including me, equate value differently across different products and lines.

PO'd the regular version.

I'm not the biggest fan of the expression, but I do want an Emperor for my SW collection. I'll pose him holding Luke's hilt when he made that exact expression because I personally any other pose would just look goofy with that expression.

emperor-palpatine-as-voiced-by-mark-hamills-joker-preview.jpg

$220 isn't bad. Right in the wheelhouse of where I thought he would be.

Everyone seen the pictures of this up on hot toys now? It looks incredible! So bought.

:lol Hey now!! I give in easily but realistically I don’t have a lot of other pieces I really want. Some random filler characters and the few major ones I mentioned. I haven’t pre-ordered or anything yet and if I do it’ll probably be with BBTS as long as there’s no NRD. I’ve wanted the Emperor and his throne since it was revealed and I think I’d end up regretting not getting the whole package even though the figure on its own is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I never got the polystone Sideshow throne... so I just have to get this HT one now. Plus it lights up. :)

If you lay the two pictures over each other in Photoshop you'll find out it's the exact same sculpt, only painted differently. The area below the eyes wasn't painted properly on the prototype.

Which two pictures?

Or do you mean the ones you quoted? Because those are the same picture.

$94 for a chair now... $180 chair later after market :( Gonna go for the chair now instead of trying to hunt for one later.

Getting the Deluxe but waiting for other sites to post. I can't have him standing while Vader and Luke are dueling.

Back