Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recently purchased Palps and I would like to check if the the hood does stain the headsculpt?

Currently I didn't remove the protective plastic on his neck area as this might be more visible if the cloth does stain the headsculpt.

The hood doesn't lay flat against the side of my Emperor's head so I am not able to get it looking as nice as some of the pictures I have seen on this forum. Is this a common issue?

You need to cut the stitches from the hood. There are quite a few of them on the outside and inside, and when they are gone the hood will fit properly.

I agree. Removing the stiches helps the overall look of the figure.
20191218_105932.jpg

That?s an awesome picture.
Agreed! I love the repaint on the eyes. I think I'd like the sculpt more if the eyes were a brighter yellow like the film. Just rewatched ROTJ this morning. His eyes are definitely a brighter yellow on screen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

After seeing ROS I have no regrets about just getting this figure. OG Palpy all the way.

For those who did the stitch cutting ... did you cut all the stitches that bunch it together? I cut the one in between his shoulders and the hood definitely sits better but some of the pics I?ve seen look even better.

It's quite clear they included him in 9 only to put butts in seats from the hype, I've rarely seen a character be more squandered then Palps in ROS (after Luke in TLJ that is). Still at 14 second screentime his revitalized form is the only other figure I'd get.. if I didnt already have this OG one. Prefer both over his prequel looks. Get him before its gone guys, Hot Toys did a really good job capturing RoTJ palps in all his wrinkled cackling glory, hes quite the presence in hand when futzed.

Even made it as a IX poster which still cracks me up.

After seeing ROS I have no regrets about just getting this figure. OG Palpy all the way.

For those who did the stitch cutting ... did you cut all the stitches that bunch it together? I cut the one in between his shoulders and the hood definitely sits better but some of the pics I?ve seen look even better.

The stitches inside the hood are the ones that can make it look good or bad. Also the back stitch can keep the hood too much in the back, not covering his face enough, but it depends it how it was stitched, one of my Emperor robes had better back stitching than the other

My Sith collection is growing. Took advantage of the free shipping and $20 off flash sale for Deluxe Emperor. Too bad Sith Anakin didnt have free shipping but was able to use the $20 off as well.

Great photos guys but i couldn't like this figure since the first reveal. I think only positive side of trashy sequel trilogy is possibility of new Emperor figures. ROTJ Emperor's grinning face headsculpt just doesn't do it for me.

Ah F it! I thought I would wait for a PT or ST version, but Palpatine is my favorite character so I ordered the DX. I'll most likely get all versions of him HT makes lol. The Star Wars Saga is really his story: His rise and his fall. Great pictures in here everyone!

I think you were right to go for the ROTJ Emperor. I don't think a ST version is anywhere near if their latest Facebook post is any indication. They did aknowledge TROS release on the big screen this week-end... only with a flashback of Ian McDiarmid holding their ROTJ figure and throne at Celebration earlier this year.

I fear we won't see much from episode IX as far as HT are concerned. If they didn't take advantage of the movie premiere and first week-end in theaters to reveal another figure, i have my doubts they will in the coming weeks.

I think you were right to go for the ROTJ Emperor. I don't think a ST version is anywhere near if their latest Facebook post is any indication. They did aknowledge TROS release on the big screen this week-end... only with a flashback of Ian McDiarmid holding their ROTJ figure and throne at Celebration earlier this year.

I fear we won't see much from episode IX as far as HT are concerned. If they didn't take advantage of the movie premiere and first week-end in theaters to reveal another figure, i have my doubts they will in the coming weeks.
Damn... that sucks if true. The movie was great and I'd be so down for a few more figures from it. Although Jack Bauer did say a PT and ST Palpatine is coming, and he has never been wrong. On the brightside, it likely means they won't make a separate release with the rest of Rey's accessories. I was hoping for a Ben Solo though.

But as long as I have a Palpatine in my collection, I'll be happy. I can make him a PT and post ROTS version because I have the SS lightsaber set (hilt and ignited) to pose him with. I'm thinking of having him in front of his throne with a saber in one hand and lightning in the other.

I do think they’ll do a ST Emperor. He’s an OT character. Not including troopers or droids, I think the figures this film will spawn are Rey, Kylo and Emperor. Maybe a dark side Rey, but I’d say more no than yes.

Although if I had to choose between the two when it comes to Palps, I’d say HT would more likely do a PT version, since that one would include his lightsaber.

Either way, I only need one Palps in my SW collection, and this one is it.

Back