Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the Hot Toys throne, though still inaccurate, is better and more accurate than the Sideshow version.

The floor-to-seat height and disc base are more accurate on the Sideshow version, but that's about it.

Well everyone has their reason for not purchasing x,y or z in a set. I love having the throne in my collection, i had the ssc versions before and felt the upgrade to HT was worth it.

Same here, better have the option than feel sorry later on for missing it.

I got the regular. The throne is cool and all but not worth a 1:1 price for a 1:6 chair, was an easy pass.

If you start using that logic you'll never buy any accessories! I paid $75 for Doggie Doc's Neo sunglasses, about 7x more than I normally pay for sunglasses for myself lol.

Haha About the same sunglass budget I'm on. As long as they're actually with good protective glass and polarized I'm good. I'm not big on accessories overall, I'm usually happy as long as there's a light saber or such and accurate costume. Loved the Bespin stand with ESB Vader tho.

you could wait and see what the TROS version looks like. Itll probably be announced the friday after the film released. It could be a better figure.
Agreed. Hopefully it has a better sculpt. After all the posters on here pointed it out, I can't unsee Ed Harris...

Edit: I do see it really works with different angles and cloak futzing. Comment retracted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This (deluxe) and ESB Vader we?re both unplanned purchases for me, but now that I have them and they are on display, I can?t believe I was planning on passing on them.

The diorama bases just really pop the figures and themselves. I do wish Vader came with a stand like palp, but it is what it is.

I do hope for a Darth Sidious with multiple head sculpts, I wish this came with two. Maybe my deluxe maul has spoiled me, but I love the angry and brooding looks. Would love more expression variety in these figures.

You serious? The version of the emperor we ended up getting is spot on, no trace of Ed Harris in hand unless you realllly try to see him there after a few beers. I think its oe of HT's best headsculpts

IMG_54382.JPG
IMG_5569.JPG

You serious? The version of the emperor we ended up getting is spot on, no trace of Ed Harris in hand unless you realllly try to see him there after a few beers. I think its oe of HT's best headsculpts

I totally agree. The hood has to be positioned perfectly to get the ROTJ look....

But once you get it, its a perfect looking sculpt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That new trailer with him talking to Kylo was enough to pull the trigger for this guy even though I’m scarce on room.

So I'm getting this guy on Wednesday. Is the stitching for the hood that needs to be snipped pretty obvious or do I need to go digging?

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this guy but I have a question, is there anyway to reduce the wrinkles on his outfit? Looks like it hasn't been ironed in 900 years

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

If HT doesn?t make a new one depending on his role in this movie this could end up being quite sought after. Best get on it now

If he looks sufficiently different from the ROTJ version and comes with that throne from the trailer then this would definitely be tempting.

Back