Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a wire in the opening/front rim of the hood - you want to leave that as it is, it helps a lot for posing.
There are 5 stitches in total which are supposed to keep the hood in a good pose. 2 are in front (1 left, 1 right) that keep the hood attached to the upper chest/front of the shoulders. Then there are 2 more on the sides of the hood (again 1 left, 1 right) that creates a fold in the hood itself. If I recall correctly, these are not actually attached to the shoulders. Finally there is one stitch on the back of the hood in the bottom center, keeping it attached to the back.
All of these 5 stitches should be removed to get the best look IMO.

That is a great guide. Thank you.

This must be a ****ing joke!!!

Scan.jpg

It's a ridiculous disclaimer, kinda like never ever cross the street. I think the dye transfer thing is overblown though. The only figure I have ever noticed this happening on was Star Lord and it shipped to me that way.

You know, you would think HT would take measures to avoid this from happening but instead they know it happens and choose to do nothing about it. :mad:
Also, why would you ever not display Palpatine without his hood over his head.

They did do something... they CYA ‘d themselves

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

What a joke. I didn’t even notice that disclaimer. So instead fixing their process with dyeing they will say us do not use the robe which figure comes with and you pay for it and it’s completely useless without it. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol

"Avoid touching or staring at figure for too long a period. Do not handle. May deteriorate in time. Beware breathing near or around figure. Do not place in room or house where you live. Keep away from pets. Keep away from children. Keep away from persons."

They did do something... they CYA ‘d themselves

Pretty much this. It’s not necessarily a warning that it will, they’re just CTA incase it does happen, so they can at least say they mentioned it.

"Avoid touching or staring at figure for too long a period. Do not handle. May deteriorate in time. Beware breathing near or around figure. Do not place in room or house where you live. Keep away from pets. Keep away from children. Keep away from persons."

“Avoid removing figure from the box; otherwise, it may get damaged somehow.”

Sounds like it was written by typical American Lawyer.

You know, you would think HT would take measures to avoid this from happening but instead they know it happens and choose to do nothing about it. :mad:
Also, why would you ever not display Palpatine without his hood over his head.

This has been a known issue because of the dye they use on their fabric from any dark colored hence a small group of us just soak it and rinse it and problem solved,
Wait till you guys read the disclaimer regarding rubber arms, hot toys knows what they do... these figs are just mean for snapping quick pictures on poses and that’s it

Hello All, Do any of you guys have both the Sideshow throne and the HT Throne? I own the Sidesow Throne and I'm definitely going to get HT Emperor, but not sure if I should get the set or not. If the HT chair is better then SS, then I will get the set. Even if they basically the same, I might switch, something about being lighter then the polystone also appeals to me as well.

This has been a known issue because of the dye they use on their fabric from any dark colored hence a small group of us just soak it and rinse it and problem solved,
Wait till you guys read the disclaimer regarding rubber arms, hot toys knows what they do... these figs are just mean for snapping quick pictures on poses and that’s it

Yeah, with rubber arms they essentially say don’t move them at all.

Hello All, Do any of you guys have both the Sideshow throne and the HT Throne? I own the Sidesow Throne and I'm definitely going to get HT Emperor, but not sure if I should get the set or not. If the HT chair is better then SS, then I will get the set. Even if they basically the same, I might switch, something about being lighter then the polystone also appeals to me as well.

The HT throne is vastly superior in almost every way and has a very cool lighting effect. Despite its inaccuracies, there were a couple of things I like about the SSC throne though - it's the correct gunmetal color vs the HT one being too black (with a hint of gunmetal,) the whole circular base is more accurate on the SSC, the chair height is more accurate on the SSC and even though it's not accurate, I did like how the SSC one is shallower in terms of taking up less display space.

I just decided that the fig displayed much better standing but if you want a throne to go with your Emperor, then defintely get the HT one. It's a really great piece, other than the rippling QC issues, but that seems to be only on a small number of them.

The HT throne is vastly superior in almost every way and has a very cool lighting effect. Despite its inaccuracies, there were a couple of things I like about the SSC throne though - it's the correct gunmetal color vs the HT one being too black (with a hint of gunmetal,) the whole circular base is more accurate on the SSC, the chair height is more accurate on the SSC and even though it's not accurate, I did like how the SSC one is shallower in terms of taking up less display space.

I just decided that the fig displayed much better standing but if you want a throne to go with your Emperor, then defintely get the HT one. It's a really great piece, other than the rippling QC issues, but that seems to be only on a small number of them.

Great points and perfect explanation/comparison between the 2 thrones! The only other thing I recommend is for the seated position with the HT’s version, buy a set of leg peg extenders.

Emperor and thrones arrived and the both are great. I like the throne, and I managed to fit him on the thrones in a way that feet touch the ground. The throne is better than SSC, even with its inaccuracies.

But the Emperor himself has some fraying and tearing damage on the right part of the chest robe under the clasp, it seems to be from the sewing of the clasp metal holder in the back, very hard to see but the damage is there and it is getting bigger when handling the figure. Contacted my distributor to get replacement robe, waiting now for the answer. :(

Fast shot:

Hot-Toys-Emperor-Throne-99.jpg

Great points and perfect explanation/comparison between the 2 thrones! The only other thing I recommend is for the seated position with the HT’s version, buy a set of leg peg extenders.

Thanks guys for your input.

Emperor and thrones arrived and the both are great. I like the throne, and I managed to fit him on the thrones in a way that feet touch the ground. The throne is better than SSC, even with its inaccuracies.

But the Emperor himself has some fraying and tearing damage on the right part of the chest robe under the clasp, it seems to be from the sewing of the clasp metal holder in the back, very hard to see but the damage is there and it is getting bigger when handling the figure. Contacted my distributor to get replacement robe, waiting now for the answer. :(

Fast shot:
Sorry to hear about the damage to your figure hope you sort that out. But You do have nice display there.

Back