Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great figure. Regular edition for me. ;) That said, I have an extra HT Emperor deluxe set with throne avail. $295 shipped if anyone is interested.

This is a great figure. Regular edition for me. ;) That said, I have an extra HT Emperor deluxe set with throne avail. $295 shipped if anyone is interested.
Awesome deal. Have you put it in the collectors group on facebook? I put mine there it moved instantly.

Opened mine up today. Such an awesome figure! Had to futz with the hood a little but I finally got it over his head well enough so I didn't have to cut the stitches yet. I am disappointed that the force lightning is so d**n long. I. can't really fit him in my Detolf, in the position that I want him, with them on his hands. :gah:

I heard about black hood might stained the head so I inserted a small piece of white paper towel between hood and the head - cut it small enough, and it's not visible. I don't know whether this is working or not, but will give it a try. Any thoughts, because I don't want to take any chances?

I heard about black hood might stained the head so I inserted a small piece of white paper towel between hood and the head - cut it small enough, and it's not visible. I don't know whether this is working or not, but will give it a try. Any thoughts, because I don't want to take any chances?
Not a bad idea actually. You'll have to give us updates to see if the robe is coming off on the paper towel. I left the plastic wrap around his neck myself. Not sure what to do about the top of his head though. I may try your idea

You can always remove the head and paint the top of the headsculpt with liquid latex. It dries almost invisible and creates a barrier. And it can be just peeled off if you want to remove it.

I just put a piece of clear tape inside the hood. I suppose there's a chance it may transfer through the tape though? I didn't soak it before posing him, so maybe I'll do that when I get a chance.

Probably a bit of hysteria about staining....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Probably a bit of hysteria about staining....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah, is there any evidence at all of staining yet? I checked mine but the hood only seems to make head contact on the upper forehead and back toward the ears - no staining that I can see so far (but I didn't pull the hood to see.)

Staining I think is a bit over hyped, but I suppose it is better safe than sorry. Unrelated universe but same topic, I put the black cloak on my Justice League Wonder Woman, but lightly covered the shoulders, back, and arms with a layer of Saran Wrap first to prevent potential dye transfer.

Another way is to get 3M scotch tape and stick it to the inside of the hood?

I left my head in the box and just have the hood pulled down real far. Looks good and no risk of staining.

Sounds similar to what I did. I just swapped the sculpt with a Michael Myers sculpt, so that way you can at least somewhat make out a white face, and pulled the hood down really far to obscure it.

I don't get that. The sculpt is the highlight of this figure. Better with a bit of paper or tape under his hood :wink1:

There will never be a time where I display the figure without his hood on, so im not the least bit worried about staining... but if i ever notice anything I'll post it here.

Back