Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good, Good... the hate flows through me and now my collection is complete. :D

31905765487_9ed3288f67_c.jpg

I'm pretty sure the lack of batteries is because they aren't allowed to ship these things that way in most countries anymore and they aren't going to reprint instructions for foreign markets when the domestic market for them does come with batteries.

Cue those who got theirs from the Hong Kong market correcting me...

Makes sense. Not a big deal, i was just wondering if it's just mine packaging or it's normal.

Finally was able to open this guy up, had him for over a month but just too much going on to spare any time on the collection.
He came out great, the throne is an awesome accessory and looks the part on the shelf. No issues to mention, however the instructions were nowhere to be found. Where in the deluxe box are they normally stored?

Finally was able to open this guy up, had him for over a month but just too much going on to spare any time on the collection.
He came out great, the throne is an awesome accessory and looks the part on the shelf. No issues to mention, however the instructions were nowhere to be found. Where in the deluxe box are they normally stored?

As usually taped on the front on one of those plastic trays.

Mine has turned up today and the throne has a dirty great gouge in it. Quite deep too :(

Have contacted my supplier but bad QC from Hot Toys.

HT have certainly become a much larger company in the last decade and i suppose getting more than a new item per week on the market cannot go without a few bumps on the road. A great as their figures can be, it seems there are more and more issues to report though. They'd better keep a closer eyes on the factories or it could really hurt their business fast.

HT have certainly become a much larger company in the last decade and i suppose getting more than a new item per week on the market cannot go without a few bumps on the road. A great as their figures can be, it seems there are more and more issues to report though. They'd better keep a closer eyes on the factories or it could really hurt their business fast.

There is really no competition for them on the market at this moment so i think they don't give a ******. QC and communicating with customers/small retailers wise.

Waiting for my replacement throne due to smudge issues but I still love how this guy looks.

Tried a new approach with the throne and dangling feet problem. Having him sit forward on the edge of the seat like he does during the duel takes care of that and gives him a more dynamic, interesting look as far as I'm concerned.

IMG_0078.jpg

There is really no competition for them on the market at this moment so i think they don't give a ******. QC and communicating with customers/small retailers wise.

They might not be putting an effort into it right now because they are indeed way ahead competition. Still, it would be wise not to upset the customer base with regular issues such as this one as it could cost them when said competition eventually catch up. In a similar fashion, Sideshow inability to step up their game cost them quite a bit when Disney offered a licence to Hot Toys. You never know who could bring this game to another level and those QC issues could shift the tide when it happens.

Palpatine has arrived from BBTS, 2 days earlier than the original delivery date. I initially did not want the chair, but after seeing member pics here it was an easy decision to get the deluxe.

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

I really like the chair, but I do have a small mark on mine also; it's not big enough for me to care though, and deal with sending it back. Also does anyone have some of the darker purple paint that's in the recessed areas of the chair bleeding to the cushioned parts? Not a big deal either, but looks a little sloppy.

Anyway, like I said I really do like the chair for a $95 add on. How would this compare you think to Han in carbonite? Other than maybe having the lights have a display pattern, it seems like it'd be the same level of effort unless I'm missing something. I still can't really believe Sideshow's is $250.

Did the original throne have lights on the top? I know that on the HT throne, it provides some cool shadowing effects but just curious if it is accurate to the screen prop.

By the way, I have the JazzInc throne which doesn't have lighting but I set up a quick blue/purple LED with an on/off switch and taped it to the throne behind the Emperor. The pics don't capture the cool looking lighting effect but it does make a difference.

IMG_0112.jpg

Back