Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the top of the throne suppose to feel bumpy? Not sure if mine is warped.

Mine too. Looks like it’s sculpted
c710f185a6193a88a2c7db182eca05e8.jpg

Here's mine.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 150
Now i have a dilemma. Originally i thought i will keep throne in box and display Emperor with guards, but i dig that throne a lot and i actually likes Palpatine on it. But with guards it's way too pressed inside detolf :(

What to do, what to do ...

IMG_0101.jpg

Turn the guards slightly inward so they aren't pressed against the glass. The throne with guards looks epic and unique.

I see, will try that. Thanks. Still i'm not convinced it's a good looking shelf. I hate crowded shelves :(

Now i have a dilemma. Originally i thought i will keep throne in box and display Emperor with guards, but i dig that throne a lot and i actually likes Palpatine on it. But with guards it's way too pressed inside detolf :(

What to do, what to do ...

Ummm don't use Detolfs :)

My throne was perfectly flat on top but the front face (below where his hands rest) had noticeable lumpiness. It does seem the lumpiness occurs where the electronics are fitted. I returned it.

My throne is kinda uneven all over, but it's much less noticeable on the front and arms, so I think I can probably live with it. Especially as the dimmer lighting I use makes it harder to see the imperfections.

Yeah, I think I got an especially bad one but a few I've seen on here have something similar (though less.) It's clear they did some light soldering after the lights electric panel had been fitted to the plastic body and depending on his long the iron stayed on there determined how bad the rippling was.

I was going to get another throne but frankly I don't miss it at all just having the regular figure now. I like him standing much more, even though I found a pose I liked seated. having him standing actually made me like the figure.

I received mine last week from PopCultcha, and had assumed everything was good until I threw in batteries into the throne.

While the switch works to turn off and on the lights, there is an issue in the off state where it flickers into a very low powered mode sporadically.

ON:1.1.jpg
OFF:1.2.jpg
OFF [WITH SPORADIC LOW LIGHT FLICKERING]:1.3.jpg

Still waiting to hear back from Customer Service about how to remedy this. But those who own the Deluxe should double check just in case. I also thought it'd come with batteries just like the manual said.

I received mine last week from PopCultcha, and had assumed everything was good until I threw in batteries into the throne.

While the switch works to turn off and on the lights, there is an issue in the off state where it flickers into a very low powered mode sporadically.

Still waiting to hear back from Customer Service about how to remedy this. But those who own the Deluxe should double check just in case. I also thought it'd come with batteries just like the manual said.

Good luck, they have been less than stellar lately with their CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the lack of batteries is because they aren't allowed to ship these things that way in most countries anymore and they aren't going to reprint instructions for foreign markets when the domestic market for them does come with batteries.

Cue those who got theirs from the Hong Kong market correcting me...

Back