Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian McDiarmid playing with himself :p :

diarmid.jpg

He could also be in droid form. Similar to how he showed up in battlefront 2, which is cannon apparently.
7e600aae360bc75e00de9fa439106614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh, why would they bother to go to all that as a red herring ? To even get McDiarmond on stage there ??

Who else is going to be the big bad in this ? Kylo....he hardly comes across as bad to me given what's happened to date. Plus they show the crashed piece of the Death Star. He's in it, and am sure will have a significant role similar to the OT with Kylo probably as the new Vader under him.

Teasing the Emperor now creates talk. Plus it's a pretty tough one to keep under wraps, so why not get ahead of the potential leak and use it to your advantage.

Sorry couldn't disagree more. But perhaps you're right. Time will tell.

Yeah without Han or Luke I think they really needed another strong hook of some kind to get people's attention, and the Emperor is one that works really nicely. Because it was pretty clear that Kylo just wasn't the kind of major threat that the final movie in the saga really needed to have (and for that matter Snoke as the final threat doesn't seem like it would have been enough either).

Huh, why would they bother to go to all that as a red herring ? To even get McDiarmond on stage there ??

Who else is going to be the big bad in this ? Kylo....he hardly comes across as bad to me given what's happened to date. Plus they show the crashed piece of the Death Star. He's in it, and am sure will have a significant role similar to the OT with Kylo probably as the new Vader under him.

Teasing the Emperor now creates talk. Plus it's a pretty tough one to keep under wraps, so why not get ahead of the potential leak and use it to your advantage.

Sorry couldn't disagree more. But perhaps you're right. Time will tell.

Honestly I hope I’m wrong. My statement was mainly stemming from how they’ve done the marketing for how it’s actually turned out with the movies:
TFA- they marketed Finn as holding the blue lightsaber, making the audience think he was the Force sensitive one. Then it turns out to be Rey. Also Luke in one of the trailers *seemingly* talking to Rey using a derivative of ROTJ dialogue about how the Force is strong in his family, and then who knows what lineage she has.
TLJ: we all know the difference between the marketing and how the movie actually turned out, for better or worse.

All I’m saying is it could be a big nothing burger that Palpatine’s cackle is heard at the end. Perhaps he’s a Sith ghost, perhaps he’s just a found hologram, or perhaps he is the big bad. One thing that could play a part is Palpatine’s search in the Unknown Regions for the “disturbance in the Force” and it is canon that Snoke had at least one other apprentice; which we don’t know when, who, or where they are. Kylo is a very weak bad guy in my opinion, and they do need to have something better. Palpatine could be it, but he also could be a red herring.

How crazy would it be if Rey ends up being a Palpatine. I mean the saga is pretty out there at this point, anything is possible.

This theories start to be like "What if Kirk was actually Spock's father's lost son?"

:lol

Dayum that's rich! :rotfl

IDK, it's always great to see the old favorites, but shoeing in Palpatine at the very end is exactly what I feared they'd do to "save the franchise". Maybe it's a big tease like the whole Rey touching the lightsaber thing and she'll touch the DS and have another acid trip that won't be about sheit. They just don't have enough time to make Palpatine matter to the overall trilogy arc. If Rey happens to be a Palpatine in any way, it'll seem super contrived. TLJ just painted everything into a corner. Episode IX should have been IX.5 and IX.1

The next version should definitely be from Revenge of the Sith. With two head sculpts, before and after the fight with Mace.

With regards to posing Palpatine in the throne, how are his sleeves supposed to be placed? Should they be sort of tucked into the seat, or should the hang over the sides?

Back