Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I haven't completely given up 1/12th scale but I've downsized it drastically. I only collect X men Marvel legends and DC collectibles Batman animated figures Now. I still have a few other lines(arrow and flash tv figures and some assorted Rick and Morty and Power rangers) but a LOT of it is gone and when this figure was first unveiled its the one that made me say"I really don't need all THIS if I get The hot toys versions". I had tons of star wars black. All gone. Either sold or given to my little boy.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

So my Emperor arrived today...broken. Looks like his neck peg. Emailed sideshow support. Tried to call too but they were already closed for the day. Sucks. Anybody else have this happen? I told them I need a whole new figure. Inside of body and head/neck have no way of connecting now. At least his chair and accessories are fine. Chair is huge!
d87b5f4565aa51375b915689ad45d14a.jpg
bfd385c2efe1d364b69db218b61cf2b7.jpg

Every time I consider selling all of my 1/12 figures, I realize how attached to them I am. I have, however, managed to separate about half of them for selling. I just can’t let go of the Marvel Legends comic book characters, Batman Animated characters, Diamond Select figures,... geez... I guess I’ll always have a diverse collection, but the only ones I have room to showcase are my 1/6 figures in my detolfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At one point I had SHF, a smattering of MAFEX, Revoltech and Marvel Legends. I sold off every single one, even the favourites and haven't looked back. I have like....7 DCC animated Batman figures on the bookshelf, in part because they're so stylized and flat that they're a totally different beast from Hot Toys, but I grabbed only the designs I really liked and stopped.

I feel like I've zero'd in on the aesthetic I'm after, but this hobby doesn't stand still so who knows what the future will bring.

So my Emperor arrived today...broken. Looks like his neck peg. Emailed sideshow support. Tried to call too but they were already closed for the day. Sucks. Anybody else have this happen? I told them I need a whole new figure. Inside of body and head/neck have no way of connecting now. At least his chair and accessories are fine. Chair is huge!
d87b5f4565aa51375b915689ad45d14a.jpg
bfd385c2efe1d364b69db218b61cf2b7.jpg

Wow! That sucks! Neck peg completely broken off in the box? That has got to be rare. Never had that problem let alone seen it from anyone else.

Wow! That sucks! Neck peg completely broken off in the box? That has got to be rare. Never had that problem let alone seen it from anyone else.

Yeah I'm kinda shocked myself. First I just thought his headsculpt was popped off somehow and I would simply pop it back in. When that didn't work and I saw how messed up he actually was, I was quite upset. This is a 315 plus set of one of my grail characters so they really need to make this right.

They will make it right. Great customer service. They haven’t let me down yet.

That is amazing. I need that done to mine.

It took a little over two weeks to get it done and shipped back to me because they're getting so much business but yeah it's totally worth it. Only $20 for each head, I had three done: Palps, Anakin and Sideshow's ROTJ Vader. They all turned out great. Very satisfied with Frost Vision Studios.

It took a little over two weeks to get it done and shipped back to me because they're getting so much business but yeah it's totally worth it. Only $20 for each head, I had three done: Palps, Anakin and Sideshow's ROTJ Vader. They all turned out great. Very satisfied with Frost Vision Studios.
Is there a way to contact them without going through social media?

Back