Hot Toys Rorshach actually happening?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I know it sounds stupid but HT is probably thinking of a better way to do Rorschachs mask. There's so many patterns to choose from and HT probably doesn't want to do it the same way as DC Direct did their Rorschach figure. They should just sculpt it and have the texture of his mask or include a bunch of stickers to slap on his face.

Haha I know it sounds stupid but HT is probably thinking of a better way to do Rorschachs mask. There's so many patterns to choose from and HT probably doesn't want to do it the same way as DC Direct did their Rorschach figure. They should just sculpt it and have the texture of his mask or include a bunch of stickers to slap on his face.

Yeah, I kinda doubt that. They didn't make him because Jupiter didn't sell well and Comedian wasn't received much better.

Rorschach was the only one I really wanted. Well him and Comedian, but I never liked Comedian's chosen face sculpt too much (or the lack of smileys).

I promise you this isn't the case. Rorschach's mask should be cloth, even if it's non-removable cloth over a blank head. They aren't really worried about it actually moving or changing or snap on masks, although I could easily see them including a different mask sculpt for a Toy Hunters VIP thing. If Laurie and The Comedian sold like the Iron Man or Batman lines, we would have had all six by now. Realistically the bases were there, Ozy and Nite Owl could use the Batman suit tech, Leonidas' body painted blue is basically Manhattan. It wouldn't have been that difficult to do, so sales were the only stopping point.

If and it's a huge if Hot Toys decided to give us Rorschach it'd be because they were listening to the amazing amount of _____ing that people have made over not getting it but I seriously doubt it'd be relaunching a line or anything like that.

There must be a way to use cloth and some kind of hologram in the mask and have two different mask patterns. Anyway i would buy this figure the day its released.

You mean like Visionaries?

spectral-knights-large.jpg

I promise you this isn't the case. Rorschach's mask should be cloth, even if it's non-removable cloth over a blank head. They aren't really worried about it actually moving or changing or snap on masks, although I could easily see them including a different mask sculpt for a Toy Hunters VIP thing. If Laurie and The Comedian sold like the Iron Man or Batman lines, we would have had all six by now. Realistically the bases were there, Ozy and Nite Owl could use the Batman suit tech, Leonidas' body painted blue is basically Manhattan. It wouldn't have been that difficult to do, so sales were the only stopping point.

they made a poor business decision by making one of the least desirable characters first; Silk Spectre...had they made Rorschach first, sales would have been great, and they'd have made all the Watchmen. :lecture

If and it's a huge if Hot Toys decided to give us Rorschach it'd be because they were listening to the amazing amount of _____ing that people have made over not getting it but I seriously doubt it'd be relaunching a line or anything like that.

HT relaunched the terminator line, right? :wink1:

I kinda wish they went back and redid Silk Spectre II.

They could have done a way better job on her if done today, than what they did back when they released her.

:lol Those are two different licenses. The first pic is T1. The second pic, T2, was borrowed from Sideshow to do the figures. :wink1:

Maybe his choice of pictures was bad, but his point is still valid. They did revisit the T1 line with their last Terminator figure, after having released 2 endos, Kyle Reese and that Battle-Damaged T-800.

Maybe his choice of pictures was bad, but his point is still valid. They did revisit the T1 line with their last Terminator figure, after having released 2 endos, Kyle Reese and that Battle-Damaged T-800.

I agree, just making him work for it. :lol

But I think that was to fix a gaping hole. Given they released everything to rectify the OG BDT-800, with the Tech Noir release, I don't think they'll be going back again. And that's still a completely different story. The Terminator line sold like gangbusters. Watchen did not.

Watchmen probably would've turned out differently had they released the bigger characters like Rorschach first, rather than the weaker characters like Silk Spectre(one of the weakest characters of the entire story IMO), and The Comedian (a.k.a a rotting rubber corpse with a face only Mr.Ed's mother could love.)

Watchmen probably would've turned out differently had they released the bigger characters like Rorschach first, rather than the weaker characters like Silk Spectre(one of the weakest characters of the entire story IMO), and The Comedian (a.k.a a rotting rubber corpse with a face only Mr.Ed's mother could love.)

I think Comedian would'a made a better first release and had they held Silk Spectre until second to last, she would've been mandatory to go with Manhattan and Oz could've rounded out the crew.

Yeah, it should have gone:

Comedian
Kid that sits and reads Tales of the Black Freighter
Dr. Jon Osterman (pre-accident)
Hollis Mason
Rorschach

Back