Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for my first Hot Toys Vader. Been doing research about the Rogue One Vader and it seems like the one to buy.
Since the new one, ANH with Tarkin will be release, should I wait for that one instead?

Tips? Thanks in advance.

Depends on if you want the RO version to represent the RO version or to mod him to represent the ANH version, which many have. If it's the latter then just wait for the Tarkin although there hasn't been any talk of that one being released as a single... yet(?). So you'd have to get the 2pk.
Wait either way since the RO will drop in price and some collectors will be selling theirs the closer the new ones release.

has any noticed the right tusk on their RO vader to be partially painted or the ball point part that comes out to be unpainted, was this a factory issue or do others see this, i looked at some photos and cant tell some photos look like it has the same paint scheme or missapplicated paint scheme but wanted to confirm with someone on here.

Completely normal. You can add a dot of chrome paint to the top which is really not too hard to do

Looking for my first Hot Toys Vader. Been doing research about the Rogue One Vader and it seems like the one to buy.
Since the new one, ANH with Tarkin will be release, should I wait for that one instead?

Tips? Thanks in advance.

Also i had the same issue i had about 30 star wars hot toys and was missing vader surprisingly because i was unsure which to go with but after many you tube reviews and feedback from other collectors I do not use light up features at all on my figures so i can say I am very happy i chose the RO vader and if you hold out or check often you can get one for a great deal i just got mine about 4 months ago for close to retail, the only thing i wish it had was the interrogation droid but i ordered one from ebay and used the sand troopers black base for his accompnied piece for the interogation droid since it comes with just a cheap plastic stand.

I'm not picky on which vader to get but I do nip pick on quality and since I heard about all those bad things about the anh vader it just leads me to the rogue one vader due to better quality issues.
Whelp from seeing the side show vader TBD future release? Does look like ANH version and like stated above, hopefully for better quality.
I'm just itching right now because I have a $150 ebay coupon that expires in one month. Even with the coupon RO vader goes about $275 ish. I guess I"ll sleep on it.

^How did you get it to work with the Sandtrooper Base?

I had to do a little clipping then i just slightly ran a piece of sanding paper wound the bottom of the "pole" if that's what you want to call it and did so very slowly and tested it a few times and took a little off till it fit snug. as the sand trooper one is skinnier. but looks so much nicer.

also for anyone who uses double sided tape on some of the capes and cloth pieces i noticed quite a few are dual layered cloth so a better thing to use is framers tape or what framers use to float mount or hold items in place inside a frame its acid free and doesnt damage, stain or hurt the figure in anyway and its easily removable when you want to re-pose.

I'm not picky on which vader to get but I do nip pick on quality and since I heard about all those bad things about the anh vader it just leads me to the rogue one vader due to better quality issues.
Whelp from seeing the side show vader TBD future release? Does look like ANH version and like stated above, hopefully for better quality.
I'm just itching right now because I have a $150 ebay coupon that expires in one month. Even with the coupon RO vader goes about $275 ish. I guess I"ll sleep on it.

im sure you've already done this but there are many sideshow vs hottoys videos, although i know that's not your issue but just as many as they're are those videos theres just as many ANH hottoys vs. RO hot toys vader and by far the RO even looks nicer, heftier and they balanced out the belt, chest box, etc.. even though these are very simple changes that can be made if you find a ANH vader. its all about how you decide to pose, if your not going to use the sound effects or lights than the ANH vader can be a great figure with little futzing and posing.

Do all Rogue One Vaders have the cardboard backdrop bonus? I’m trying to determine if the one I’m selling, which is still in its brown shipper, has one or not.

The text on Sideshow claims that the backdrop was a “pre-order bonus”, but since that figure sold out long before the figure ever shipped, I’m wondering if Hot Toys bothered to make any without the backdrop at all.

Ended up replacing the dome on mine with a hasbro titanium dome and giving the mask a repaint. Pretty happy with the look.
5f4403ac5b953c210e6f5b425223b3f5.jpg

Ended up replacing the dome on mine with a hasbro titanium dome and giving the mask a repaint. Pretty happy with the look.
5f4403ac5b953c210e6f5b425223b3f5.jpg

Which one is which? It looks like the Hasbbro/HT is on the Left and you are comparing it to a one to one? Can you post more pictures of your HT with Hasbro dome?

Back