Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, can't beat the shiny-ness !!!

Still so glad I got this guy !! I'm not afflicted with Vader OCD, so this is my Vader for all occasions :)

I really like the shiny armor of this Vader as well! I’m glad I go him too, so I wouldn’t have to wait for the ESB Version for my first Vader.

Here’s a few pictures:

f99d4a7cf33d05519160ebf0b3ac416c.jpg

4e86fb822d9ac744f468f700cc2c60ba.jpg

b18b7cc649ecd92e12da205bf5ee1621.jpg

Awesome photos bro! I so gonna get my hands on this later! What’s the difference between this and the ANH version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the differences that I know of:

R1 Vader
- shinier armor
- different sculpt
- better gloves
- different cape (not sure if it's longer or shorter or thicker than ANH cape)
- different chest box (dials a bit more spaced out)
- more weathering on belt and belt boxes
- pleated tunic
- thicker cod piece

Cape is thicker and drapes/hangs really well.

Most consider the gloves to be one of the biggest pluses of this figure too. However there's 449 pages of thread you can go back through to see all the details :)

These are the differences that I know of:

R1 Vader
- shinier armor
- different sculpt
- better gloves
- different cape (not sure if it's longer or shorter or thicker than ANH cape)
- different chest box (dials a bit more spaced out)
- more weathering on belt and belt boxes
- pleated tunic
- thicker cod piece

Thanks pal for the information! Getting my hand on RO Vader next week! Will pose some pics thereafter!

Cape is thicker and drapes/hangs really well.

Most consider the gloves to be one of the biggest pluses of this figure too. However there's 449 pages of thread you can go back through to see all the details :)

Nice! Hope the piece I’m getting (from reseller market) is a great piece. Hahaha

Thanks Mirai! SilverStar and Hoody named some of the differences between the two. If I remember correctly I think the RO is also a tiny bit taller than the ANH.

Congrats! Looking forward to your pictures. [emoji106]

Thanks FlyAndFight! I’m planning to get ESB Vader as well, but this one is also a great figure already.

Thanks bebe13junior! That’s actually the Revell snaptite model that I got some years ago. The Bandai ones look awesome though.

Thanks Mirai! SilverStar and Hoody named some of the differences between the two. If I remember correctly I think the RO is also a tiny bit taller than the ANH.

Congrats! Looking forward to your pictures. [emoji106]

68520d33adc90d6504e44568f2ec232c.jpg

Just gotten my hands on this badass! Will pose photos tonight!

Managed to get him out of the box and did a quick pose. I must admit the unboxing take quite some time as there are a lot of pieces of plastic and tapes to clear before “freeing” him completely out of the box.

01ccc83aacf16b5bd55b4aef085bbfe1.jpg

This is one of the pose I managed to make out of him. Articulation is similar to that of ANH version; head sculpt seems relative bigger. Unfortunately I gotten a piece with sculpt flaw as you can see a dent in his right cheek.
865a339d86ebfc8d68c3fcd39edea589.jpg

Nonetheless, he is still a beauty and perhaps the best Vader thus far. I will pose more photos when I have time.
a73eec7564af7b93d91481261f1f2afe.jpg

af0485da6eae508eb28b18c41dc57065.jpg

Side by side with ANH Vader. Difference in height probably due to the stand:)
bcfd4f6f35a9f761474944b33b0e8766.jpg

Managed to get him out of the box and did a quick pose. I must admit the unboxing take quite some time as there are a lot of pieces of plastic and tapes to clear before “freeing” him completely out of the box.

01ccc83aacf16b5bd55b4aef085bbfe1.jpg

This is one of the pose I managed to make out of him. Articulation is similar to that of ANH version; head sculpt seems relative bigger. Unfortunately I gotten a piece with sculpt flaw as you can see a dent in his right cheek.
865a339d86ebfc8d68c3fcd39edea589.jpg

Nonetheless, he is still a beauty and perhaps the best Vader thus far. I will pose more photos when I have time.
a73eec7564af7b93d91481261f1f2afe.jpg

af0485da6eae508eb28b18c41dc57065.jpg

Side by side with ANH Vader. Difference in height probably due to the stand:)
bcfd4f6f35a9f761474944b33b0e8766.jpg

The dent there is movie accurate.

Back