Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much any pose that isn't acrobatic suits him. I think you can do most of the classic poses and some fresh ones. Just not the crossed arms stance from Revenge of the Sith.

Pretty much any pose that isn't acrobatic suits him. I think you can do most of the classic poses and some fresh ones. Just not the crossed arms stance from Revenge of the Sith.

Yeah that's one thing that bugged me considering the TT that was used for RO has great butterfly jointed shoulders so the arms can easily cross but the sleeve material kind of restricts the arms.

Also the missing right fist doesn't help either :slap

I wonder someone will make more hands for this guy. The right fist and a choking hand will be great.

Since I pre-ordered mine at SS the day it came out for PO I have to wait but is anyone who buys him got the special double sided backdrop?

It says it was only for PO which I'm guessing anyone that ordered it at SS is getting the background but I guess what I'm asking is does it still come with the background that is single sided or just a stand.

I plan on just using the silver cutout side most likely.

I think he pulls off the look fine. It's more intimidating than having his hands on his belt. Although, not seeing them at all might be even more intimidating, lol.

Did anyone have an issue with one of the shoulder guards coming off ? Looks like the glue dried out anyone experience that with Vader out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone have an issue with one of the shoulder guards coming off ? Looks like the glue dried out anyone experience that with Vader out of the box?

Not that it shouldn't have happened, but isn't that an easy fix? Just dab on some super glue and reconnect the plate. I don't think it's a widespread issue. Sometimes they just poorly apply the glues.

Not that it shouldn't have happened, but isn't that an easy fix? Just dab on some super glue and reconnect the plate. I don't think it's a widespread issue. Sometimes they just poorly apply the glues.

Yea exactly but it is really frustrating when u pay $450 for a collectible and u have to make repairs lol

As I mentioned previously, I think they produced a lot of "newer" parts on the RO figure with the ESB figure in mind. The revamped Reeve Superman body, the chest armour, the larger chest box, tailored leather suit and the sabre hilt could all be used again with very little cost.

Yea exactly but it is really frustrating when u pay $450 for a collectible and u have to make repairs lol

$450!?!?!? Why so much mine was like $220 at SS with the preorder bonus stand. That stinks I'm sorry it cost you so much.

$450!?!?!? Why so much mine was like $220 at SS with the preorder bonus stand. That stinks I'm sorry it cost you so much.

Oh sorry it was not the rogue one version.. original release!! And I'm in Canada so I have to pay usd conversion and I bought it at my local comic shop.

Hmm, looks like the new shin guards are just a lot narrower than the others. Wonder if it might be possible to warm them up and widen them out so they fit better?

I see it's also a lot narrower at the knee and has an additional band across the bottom. Is that more accurate to ANH or ESB, or just some weird change they made for RO? Because I can't say I've ever paid much attention to the design of the shin guards before. Lol

Hmm, looks like the new shin guards are just a lot narrower than the others. Wonder if it might be possible to warm them up and widen them out so they fit better?

I see it's also a lot narrower at the knee and has an additional band across the bottom. Is that more accurate to ANH or ESB, or just some weird change they made for RO? Because I can't say I've ever paid much attention to the design of the shin guards before. Lol

Having taken the outfit completely apart piece by piece, not sure heating and expanding the shin guards will make a difference. It's pretty much a very sharp piece of fixed plastic . The kind I've seen before in gundam models in which if you try to expand it, it will probably curl up back to its original form when it is dried.

It also could crack, break or split when trying to widen it as well.

You could try elastics and wrapping them around the the bottom part of the shin guard more tightly to the boots .

Back