Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait paid a local comic store (two hour drive) for it a week ago 300.00 going to get it Sunday. It's been a long week.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Anyone else noticing the cloak riding a little high at the back of the figure? I've seen it a few times now. At first, I thought it was just mine, but now I see that's not the case.

Just wondering if that was intentional or a completely unexpected outcome?
I think they're all like that. I tried pulling mine down but it doesn't budge, probably because of the elastic neck band. I think the capes on both Vaders are the same length but R1 is taller so the cape sits higher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think they're all like that. I tried pulling mine down but it doesn't budge, probably because of the elastic neck band. I think the capes on both Vaders are the same length but R1 is taller so the cape sits higher.

The RO cape is a bit shorter as it looks about perfect on the ANH figure (photo below)--the original robe on that figure drags a bit too much when it's not on a stand. The RO also drapes really nicely and looks terrific from the back (though definitely a bit short in the middle on the RO figure).

Not a great photo since it's from a slightly above angle. But love the way it naturally gets those folds in the back.

52ffc2595ed1e7f22928ae54f51becfa.jpg

The RO cape is a bit shorter as it looks about perfect on the ANH figure (the robe on that figure drags a bit too much when it's now on a stand). The RO also drapes really nicely and looks terrific from the back (though a but short in the middle).
Thanks for the clarification. So another minor nit for the R1 Vader, the greaves not fitting right being the first one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Vader is a beast in hand. Love the shiny helmet! I went with the armor over the robes. Just doesn't look right with the pleats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vader is a beast in hand. Love the shiny helmet! I went with the armor over the robes. Just doesn't look right with the pleats.

Are they actual sewn pleats that can't be futzed, or just steam-pressed fabric to keep the inner robe in place that can be teased out so it doesn't look so "vertical blinds"-ish?

Caved and ordered this figure. It looks great. I wasn't going to but decided the pose I want leaves spare gloves for my ANH Vader.

From Matrix's pics it looks like the pleats are more ironed in than sewn, at least in the central part of it.

I heard there's a lot of excess material under the pleats though, so the tunic can get baggy looking.

That said, I'm sure there's a way to make it look right though. Bunching it up just right.

Yeah the excess material would make it look really odd. I'm content with under the armor.

Here's a few pics of mine. Honestly haven't had a lot of time to futz with him but he is pretty great out of the box.
6dc78b1d4b5e02ecd0a4b4179c6a13f4.jpg
50e98f8fb59be4874f68a4f3f60c52da.jpg
7b0c2fbb7c5f68874c208983dc01f668.jpg
ff116db6ec750132de563d6a7b3efa5d.jpg
d3fa8864af99d231bda08cc96fd06ecd.jpg

What I like to call his "belting out a tune" pose

Thank you. I plan on experimenting more with poses when I have time. Sometimes with Vader, it's the simple poses with his hands on his belt that are the most effective.

Picked this guy up after selling my sideshow Joe's. This mother sither is Impressive, most impressive. Gotta figure out a pose for him then will post a picture or so.

Back