Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the actual movie there are no pleats. I manage a movie theater and watch the Vader scenes....well a lot. And they must have reshot Vader to have his robes over the armor or CG'd them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

" Be careful not to choke on your aspirations Fellow Freaks "

Vader was obviously an avid reader pre-OT...:slap

book-oneliners_2270.jpg

My first Vader. Only switched out the cod for the ANH one. Really like the figure! Finally looks like a Star Wars collection having him with Rey and Kylo.

IMG_0558.jpg

Bought this guy while at the local comic store. I was there for Deadpool and he said he got this in too. Didn't know if I really wanted it not but he only had three so I said, hey it's only money. I'll always make more lol. He's pretty cool. Glad they didn't do an electronic lightsaber since those tend to be more of a pain than they are worth. Only complaint is having to use pliers to get the wrist peg out of his gloves. Would have been nice if every glove just gad a wrist peg in there. Still, for the price, he is a really great looking toy.

Bought this guy while at the local comic store. I was there for Deadpool and he said he got this in too. Didn't know if I really wanted it not but he only had three so I said, hey it's only money. I'll always make more lol. He's pretty cool. Glad they didn't do an electronic lightsaber since those tend to be more of a pain than they are worth. Only complaint is having to use pliers to get the wrist peg out of his gloves. Would have been nice if every glove just gad a wrist peg in there. Still, for the price, he is a really great looking toy.

Congrats I assume you got it a good price then..

Bigger question, since " it's Only Money " to you, did you get DP too :lol

I caved and ordered one from eBay and every time I check the tracking I get "origin post is preparing shipment" for the last 10 days. Sucks I paid for expedited shipping too.

Congrats I assume you got it a good price then..

Bigger question, since " it's Only Money " to you, did you get DP too :lol

Of course I did. I think out the door it was $520 after tax for both. That seemed like a fine deal. The owner said I'm the easiest customer he has since I know what I want before I walk in and don't take a lot of convincing to buy something I wasn't planning on, like a metal Captain America replica shield a month ago.

I caved and ordered one from eBay and every time I check the tracking I get "origin post is preparing shipment" for the last 10 days. Sucks I paid for expedited shipping too.

Did you order around " Chinese New Year " around going in Asia If you got it from an Asian vendor. Expect delays for the next few weeks because vendors usually close around then for about two weeks

Of course I did. I think out the door it was $520 after tax for both. That seemed like a fine deal. The owner said I'm the easiest customer he has since I know what I want before I walk in and don't take a lot of convincing to buy something I wasn't planning on, like a metal Captain America replica shield a month ago.

Damn..I wish I can find DP at retail :gah:

I read at the last minute they actually might have cg the robes over the armor . Given the little screen time Vader had. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case
That could be possible. I'm thinking either it was CG'd or that was part of the reshoots. But even with the robes over the armor on screen, at least you can say this figure is still an accurate representation of the promotional R1 Vader.

This guy is a beast. Finally went and grabbed him yesterday from a local shop. Can't wait for my ro stormie to ship so I can display vader with 2 troopers. Glad I waited I might still display my deluxe vader but space is tight

f482f73b47eb70cf7625e78c9ce495dc.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

In the actual movie there are no pleats. I manage a movie theater and watch the Vader scenes....well a lot. And they must have reshot Vader to have his robes over the armor or CG'd them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree...going from a few stills they look more like natural creases than pleats but it is rather odd(going from all the promo shots)why the costume department ever considered having a pleated robe in the first place.. View attachment 315389View attachment 315390View attachment 315391

Back