Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So back to the figure... Can anyone tell if they got the black/gunmetal scheme on the helmet correct this time? I know on the ANH facemask they missed some areas that should've been black (like the "eyelids"). I've been scouring the images myself, but between the lighting and the glossier paint, I just can't tell...

I'm still trying to decide between this and the previous release. At first I just assumed I'd go for the ANH version b/c I'm a die hard ANH Vader fan. But the more I look at it, the more it seems like this one (assuming the final product looks at least as good as the promo pics) might actually require less work to make "just right" for my personal taste... And I've got the old sideshow ANH, so things like (possibly) no saber blade, or the ESB style hilt this one has aren't a big deal for me personally.

a master welder

Darth Vader...

Designklein-16432668.png

Until he worked so long his mask melted...

screen%20shot%202015-04-16%20at%202.48.20%20pm%201.png

So back to the figure... Can anyone tell if they got the black/gunmetal scheme on the helmet correct this time? I know on the ANH facemask they missed some areas that should've been black (like the "eyelids"). I've been scouring the images myself, but between the lighting and the glossier paint, I just can't tell...

I'm still trying to decide between this and the previous release. At first I just assumed I'd go for the ANH version b/c I'm a die hard ANH Vader fan. But the more I look at it, the more it seems like this one (assuming the final product looks at least as good as the promo pics) might actually require less work to make "just right" for my personal taste... And I've got the old sideshow ANH, so things like (possibly) no saber blade, or the ESB style hilt this one has aren't a big deal for me personally.

If i were you i'd get this new version..the new gloves/hands alone are a vast improvement. Going from the promo pics the colors of the mask are still inaccurate..

Yeah, do what's right for your eye and what generates the better impression of the character to you...it doesn't really matter what's written on the side of the box.

Yeah to me the new one just looks a lot more impressive from the get go, without requiring a whole bunch of modding up front. And at this point I just want a Vader that require the least work possible to make look cool. :D

Plus the armor on the previous figure was looking a little too matte to my eye anyway, even for ANH (and I'm not really a fan of the overly-literal scratch marks on the mask either).

dave, just face it, you like the ESB armor -- wait for that one. It's coming. Soon, very soon. Summer 2017.

After much deliberation following ANH Vader's release, I realized the one I would want is ESB. This one looks great, but I'll wait for Bond-villain Vader. With the Mouse in charge, everything major is gonna get made.

I've been lurking this thread along with the ANH Vader customization one. Not sure where to ask this, but is there a quick and dirty breakdown somewhere showing the differences between the OT Vader's? I love SW but I'd definitely put myself in the casual fan category. I think it's pretty interesting how it seems like some of you guys could instantly point out which Vader came from what movie with nothing but a quick glimpse.

Vader returning from battle and informing krennik how many rebels he just took out....

More like Vader coming to convey the Emperor's displeasure in Krennic after he lost the plans to the Death Star.

I think Vader will get a foot caught in one of those grates and fall on his face. And that is how his outfit becomes so 'battle damaged' in ANH.

Oh somebody please do a digital "fix" of that and post it here!

The RPF Forum is the way to go. All the info you'd need about all the suit versions with great reference photos.

TheRPF (replica prop forum) is a fantastic resource. I'd also recommend the PropDen forum. It might be an even greater wealth of Vader knowledge. Personally I lurk on both. Just ignore some of the politics between the two sites and absorb all the knowledge. Oh, and don't get caught up in silly arguements like the C-scar debacle... lots of people insist they have the definitive "right" answer on stuff like that... just look at the reference material and make up your own mind. Or don't worry about such trivial details at all... (blasphemy!:rotfl)

I think Vader will get a foot caught in one of those grates and fall on his face. And that is how his outfit becomes so 'battle damaged' in ANH.

Perhaps that's why he opted to jump those grated stairs in ESB. If you have trouble just walking on a flat grated surface, grated stairs will surely be problematic.

Back