Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're never getting an answer to blue/brown... JJ even trolled us in TFA. :rotfl

I think JJ quietly answered the question if you think about what he did: In TFA, Han wore a brown leather jacket and a blue winter coat -- color swap -- so JJ is saying that in ESB since Han wore a navy (blue) Bespin jacket, then he must have worn a brown Hoth overcoat.

Never understood why the filmmakers would brag about making a true OT match-up and then have Vader wearing his tunic incorrectly as a direct follow up to moments later in ANH -- forcing fanboys around the globe to come up with idiotic storylines like "Vader was in a rush and just threw on his robes before boarding the Tantive IV", etc. It makes much more sense that HT got it wrong and RO got the tunic placement right (for ANH).

Yeah you wouldn't think they'd go through all that trouble of copying the original armor so exactly... and then miss something as simple as putting the tunic over the armor. And from the sound of it, the director is just as much of a fanboy as any of us.

I think JJ quietly answered the question if you think about what he did: In TFA, Han wore a brown leather jacket and a blue winter coat -- color swap -- so JJ is saying that in ESB since Han wore a navy (blue) Bespin jacket, then he must have worn a brown Hoth overcoat.

Interesting theory. If it means never having to discuss the brown vs blue issue again, I'll accept it as fact. When fanboys piss off Harrison Ford with this question, you know it's time to let it go.

Yeah, that too. :D

Maybe Disney just knows that under-armor Vader sells better than over-armor Vader... despite the fact they have it over in the movie to match ANH. They also don't have to change molds for later ESB Vaders.

I would hate for that to be the case. Disney can afford to spring for another mold. It's not like the robes would be a spoiler...

Or this is a scene from late in the movie after he's inexplicably made the change.

Although I think it's more likely that the studio simply released early pics and reference material with the armor mistakingly put outside, which is what HT and all the other companies based their work on. And of course we've seen happen before, like with those Playmates action figures for Star Trek Generations, where they were all wearing new uniforms that had been abandoned before filming.

Yeah, that too. :D

Maybe Disney just knows that under-armor Vader sells better than over-armor Vader... despite the fact they have it over in the movie to match ANH. They also don't have to change molds for later ESB Vaders.

Under Armour Vader. Sounds like a potential adversiting deal :lol

Yep could certainly be a flashback to show Erso's early years and having a young Tarkin would make sense. I didn't catch that the first time watching.

Imagine a HT Tarkin with two swappable heads - flashback and Cushing

:/droool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I see no comments about lightsabers here.......or lack of one. What gives ??

I still think they're leaving that for the final teaser/trailer for the hype to go off the scale as close to release as possible.

Option 2 is he left it in the sauna. Too much humidity causes the cyber crystal not to work, so he is left with just the hilt. Hot Toys are staying true to the movie after all !!

Vader looks cool (and loved the new trailer - finally) but we do indeed have an onscreen confirmation - Vader wears a puffy leather diaper in RO.:(

Well hopefully it won't be too obvious in the actual movie.

Other than that quick Vader flashback shot - it was pretty obvious there.:dunno

leather-diaper.png

So I see no comments about lightsabers here.......or lack of one. What gives ??

I still think they're leaving that for the final teaser/trailer for the hype to go off the scale as close to release as possible.

Option 2 is he left it in the sauna. Too much humidity causes the cyber crystal not to work, so he is left with just the hilt. Hot Toys are staying true to the movie after all !!

This topic has been beaten to death.. go back to page 2 and read until page 40 or so lol.

Back