Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys see the robes over armor now...?

High-res

v5j02r.gif

You guys see the robes over armor now...?

It's sort of funny that a costume person would need all of thirty minutes to watch Vader in ANH, and see the obvious inner robe placement evident in every shot, yet we're all debating whether they got such a blatantly obvious, simple to get right, detail wrong.:slap:lol

Simple answer: this hobby = OCD

That shot gives me chills -- ANH Vader walking right off the screen after nearly 40 years.

(even if he doesn't walk right and JEJ sounds like an old man overdoing it now)

Simple answer: this hobby = OCD

Bingo. I actually find it hilarious that people obsess with (and get pissed about) all these minor details with him and Fett. To each you own I guess but things are a lot easier and happier not worrying about it.

Vader has got some serious swag in that shot though. I would definitely need a new change of pants if I were standing there and he emerged from a cloud of smoke waking towards me with that kind of bravado.

The suits in the video grab and the earlier poster pic of the Vader suit seem to be an exact match in terms of paint finish and codpiece.

And looks like (maybe) that white switch on the chestbox lights up.

Bingo. I actually find it hilarious that people obsess with (and get pissed about) all these minor details with him and Fett. To each you own I guess but things are a lot easier and happier not worrying about it.

It's hilarious how the members of this forum have a need to clearly define where on the OCD scale they sit. And always how very, very far from the top that is.

There really ought to be a questionnaire - how many times you've seen the movies in total, how many dozens of quotes you can recite, how many dolls you have, how many years you've "collected", how many accumulated hours you've spent in a SW costume, etc., etc....:rotfl

And looks like (maybe) that white switch on the chestbox lights up.

No....

There really ought to be a questionnaire - how many times you've seen the movies in total, how many dozens of quotes you can recite, how many dolls you have, how many years you've "collected", how many accumulated hours you've spent in a SW costume, etc., etc....:rotfl

Most people on here have no idea how "sick" they really are. And how badly they need this bizarre miniature level of "control" to be happy and "in order".

It's hilarious how the members of this forum have a need to clearly define where on the OCD scale they sit. And always how very, very far from the top that is.

There's two sides of OCD with this hobby as far as I'm concerned: The group that makes every single little mod because they want their expensive figure to look as balls on accurate as possible; probably details the actor or actress didn't even notice themselves on these outfits. Or the group that doesn't want their expensive figures even breathed on, much less making any sort of mod to them lest ruining their expensive figure.

I tend to be the latter. :lol

It's one shot I know, and it's not the clearest in terms of lighting etc. but the white switch seems mighty bright compared to the grey ones next to it.

Most people on here have no idea how "sick" they really are. And how badly they need this bizarre miniature level of "control" to be happy and "in order".

:rotfl

I am not my father and it's more than possible I'm both a chosen one and have magical powers if I just put my mind to it eventually, so my interest in all this transcends dolls.:lecture

There's two sides of OCD with this hobby as far as I'm concerned: The group that makes every single little mod because they want their expensive figure to look as balls on accurate as possible; probably details the actor or actress didn't even notice themselves on these outfits. Or the group that doesn't want their expensive figures even breathed on, much less making any sort of mod to them lest ruining their expensive figure.

I tend to be the latter. :lol

LOL, true!

I'm the former. I know I'm crazy though, and I never bother folks that don't obsess as much as me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, true!

I'm the former. I know I'm crazy though, and I never bother folks that don't obsess as much as me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm somewhere in-between. Depends on the figure. I've torn some apart to mod them, left others pristine. I'm a fickle beast like that.

:duff

My guideline is that if it doesn't bother me, then I'll leave it alone. Most of the time, a lot of these things don't bother me. However, if it bothers me and it's something where I don't know what I'm doing, then I'll also leave it alone. :lol

I don't know though. There's something that appeals to me that they're still just as pristine as the day I took them out of the box. OCD indeed.

There's no one universal "right" way to collect in my book though.

I guess it not bothering me is a good way to put it. I know the differences but I just don't really care. I guess if others do that's fine but the first time i hear somebody complain that the base body doesn't look exactly like David Prouse (or whoever is in the costume for this one) I'm making fun of them. :)

I just want a Vader that doesn't make me want to throw him across the room. And that looks more accurate/proportionate than the Sideshow versions. xD

The RPF Forum is the way to go. All the info you'd need about all the suit versions with great reference photos.

TheRPF (replica prop forum) is a fantastic resource. I'd also recommend the PropDen forum. It might be an even greater wealth of Vader knowledge. Personally I lurk on both. Just ignore some of the politics between the two sites and absorb all the knowledge. Oh, and don't get caught up in silly arguements like the C-scar debacle... lots of people insist they have the definitive "right" answer on stuff like that... just look at the reference material and make up your own mind. Or don't worry about such trivial details at all... (blasphemy!:rotfl)

Thanks guys!

Back