Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper MMS393

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the two pack but wish I had picked up one these now :(

Update: I got one :)

Last edited:
So I received my RO Stormtrooper from popcultcha today. So glad I ordered it during the May 4th sale, and such a great price for $162, $176 shipped. Here's some pics with my HT Spacetrooper and Marmit troopers.

20170515_110819-1.jpg

20170515_105729-1.jpg

20170515_111605.jpg

with my Beast Kingdom Egg Attack Stormtrooper for fun

20170515_111526.jpg

And his new home with the ANH Vader

20170515_112314-1.jpg

Hey loki, since it looks like you have the RO next to the Spacetrooper, can you tell if either have different sized feet (longer or wider) or are they both the exact same in that regard?

Hey loki, since it looks like you have the RO next to the Spacetrooper, can you tell if either have different sized feet (longer or wider) or are they both the exact same in that regard?

They look pretty much the same size. The design is slightly different. The Spacetrooper is a solid white with lines on the side, the RO looks like a loafer with a lined pattern where the tongue is.

Thanks! I was thinking if the Rogue One figure had smaller feet I might use them on my short ANH trooper for the extra subtle variation. Sounds like it wouldn't be worth it.

These are back in stock at Popcultcha. I ordered 2 yesterday. Sucks that I missed out on the sale (They were off the website by the time I heard about it) but just glad not to pay Ebay prices.

They remain a favourite. While it's not the OT iteration, they pretty much nailed it on this version; I'm finally satisfied.

14b646ebc1d934c30d014d3d666c112b.jpg

5bffa2b75e0259866435771253044a6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried prying the belt loose so I can be moved to sit higher? The guest reviewer on Michael Crawford's site mentioned that he did it on his.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I kinda wish I would have picked up one of the clean versions to display next to Vader rather than the Jedha patrol exclusive. Hopefully I can get one before too long

Has anyone tried prying the belt loose so I can be moved to sit higher? The guest reviewer on Michael Crawford's site mentioned that he did it on his.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The one I got actually came loose out of the package when I opened it. There are photos of it in my sales thread. Makes the articulation much better IMO. Decided to let them go though to fund the BW Ghostbusters.

I kinda wish I would have picked up one of the clean versions to display next to Vader rather than the Jedha patrol exclusive. Hopefully I can get one before too long

I'm quite sure that all the upcoming SW movies happening in the OT era (Han movie) will feature the RO type Stormtroopers and not OT classic ones. So just wait and you'll get one soon

Between hype for other figures and resistance to the Rogue One re-design, this figure didn't get a lot of buzz, but I wonder how many were actually made vs. purchased; there really aren't many available now.

b0aaa23f8558a8b56e83031830f86bb4.jpg

092af9b4786217bee864f1acf0c72569.jpg

Sorry, but the Rogue One Stormtroopers will always look weird to me due to having no holsters. :gah:

For whatever it's worth the ANH Stormtroopers with long rifles on the Death Star didn't have holsters either. So at least there is *some* OT precedent for clean troopers not having them. :)

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Most of us with the tall Trooper from the original HT two-pack display it in "Han Solo" mode; long rifle with short rifle in holster:

chewbacca_captured_by_guards.jpg

Last edited:
Between hype for other figures and resistance to the Rogue One re-design, this figure didn't get a lot of buzz, but I wonder how many were actually made vs. purchased; there really aren't many available now.

b0aaa23f8558a8b56e83031830f86bb4.jpg

092af9b4786217bee864f1acf0c72569.jpg

Looks great! I actually really like the new design. The only thing that keeps bugging me is the shin armor and the shoes. There is just something that is off to me. My eyes are always drawn to that spot when I see shots of it.

Looks great! I actually really like the new design. The only thing that keeps bugging me is the shin armor and the shoes. There is just something that is off to me. My eyes are always drawn to that spot when I see shots of it.

Seeing them in action got me fully behind the design; they can actually move in the new suits and the look of the armour reflects that. Looks more utilitarian to me, which is what I like.

I compared the OT armour to a superhero costume vs. the more practical aesthetic of R1. I like both for different reasons.

I wasn't planning on picking this one up because I have the Jedha Two-Pack, but I found one in a local store for retail, and I had to pick it up! :lol
Can't have enough Stormtroopers. :rock

Back