Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper MMS393

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't gotten my regular from Brian's Toys yet either, they sent my 2-pack ages ago it seems. So has any non-SSC retailer gotten this in stock besides BBTS at this point?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I received mine from Alter-Ego Comics two weeks ago. They've been sold out for awhile though, in case anybody was curious about their stock.

Well great. Got an email back from Brian's Toys and they said they looked into this after receiving my email and they actually won't be able to fulfill my preorder. I had it ordered at BBTS and cancelled when they came in stock because it was going to be cheaper with shipping from Brian's Toys.

"We had fulfilled our Pre-orders for this item and unfortunately, at the time, we did not have enough to fulfill all of them. We were hoping that we would get more in, however, we found out (upon asking for an update after receiving your email) that we would not be able to get any more in."

They are on my **** list now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some bad iPhone pics in the morning.

It's been a little while, with time to live with them and let them settle.

Nostalgia, actual props and costumes aside, even though I'm an ardent OT fan, I like the 1/6 rendition for Rogue One better.

904d79b3c23848d8383903371610692a.jpg

b34688c16eabb42e8754d43a5952e09e.jpg

61271ce13cd940fa47fec95164ad6cfd.jpg

It's a very solid figure from a movie I really enjoyed, done very, very well. Posing is a bit limited, but I usually go for museum or understated poses anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Big fan of the classic look (except for ROTJ), but I like how HT translated this version of the Stormtrooper in 1:6 over the ANH version......

v8dc3q.jpg
2881hlh.jpg
fvvehd.jpg
1z4wy1u.jpg
nd3ija.jpg
2nqe73r.jpg
2yn5thk.jpg
1zcmyxg.jpg

Agreed. Big fan of the classic look (except for ROTJ), but I like how HT translated this version of the Stormtrooper in 1:6 over the ANH version......

v8dc3q.jpg
2881hlh.jpg
fvvehd.jpg
1z4wy1u.jpg
nd3ija.jpg
2nqe73r.jpg
2yn5thk.jpg
1zcmyxg.jpg

Are those the little acrylic stands they well at the Japanese store Daiso in SoCal?

I can't believe how much this stormie grew on me. I much preferred the OT design but now it's the other way round. :huh

From sideshow? Do you typically order a lot from them?

They are giving you one free figure if you straight buy a 2 pck of the TFA SW figure sets.

I actually wasnt supposed to get it though, because I opted for the flexpay option. Doesnt work when you use flexpay.

My free fig dissapeared when I completed the order with flexpay. I flipped and actually called and complained to sideshow about it. Lol. The lady there, Jennifer, looked into it and was actually surpised they where giving out free figures as well. She looked into it and told me the reason was cause I used flexpay.

But she was like the coolest chic ever and said "well, hold on a minute" ..... 5 seconds later she said "Im shipping this out to you today even though you used the flexpay option"

I flipped and thanked her a lot! Maybe a little too much. Lol.

Coolest experience ive had with Sideshow ever.

And to answer your question, Ive only spent about $2200 between last year and this year. Is that a lot, idk. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

They are giving you one free figure if you straight buy a 2 pck of the TFA SW figure sets.

I actually wasnt supposed to get it though, because I opted for the flexpay option. Doesnt work when you use flexpay.

My free fig dissapeared when I completed the order with flexpay. I flipped and actually called and complained to sideshow about it. Lol. The lady there, Jennifer, looked into it and was actually surpised they where giving out free figures as well. She looked into it and told me the reason was cause I used flexpay.

But she was like the coolest chic ever and said "well, hold on a minute" ..... 5 seconds later she said "Im shipping this out to you today even though you used the flexpay option"

And to answer your question, Ive only spent about $2200 between last year and this year. Is that a lot, idk. [emoji1]

Well considering how cheap you can find TFA troopers nowadays it's not too surprising.

Your a good customer that's for sure ! That's awesome for trip building. I wish they did it for the classic stormies ;) but those always sell out !

The RO armor hangs funny on these troopers. I prefer the ANH ones, but these still look good

It seems to me the difference between these (at least in 1/6 form) is that the ANH versions look more like superhero (supervillain?) costumes with all of their contour-hugging implausibility, whereas these RO renditions look more military and practical; I like the way properly futzed armour sits on them.

While the stormtroopers got their plastic butts handed to them in RO (as they should for the most part, they're bad guys) -- I enjoyed seeing them running and jumping in battle, as opposed to a high-speed waddle. :lol

RO is hard to pin down. Moments of bleak darkness punctuated by '80s-style blockbuster fun. I can't wait to watch it again (saw it twice).

Exactly! Not like they really used those holsters anyway. Should be an easy fix though:hi5:

We have the same taste in stormtroopers, TK0083. It was shots of your trio of Marmit stormies in the Show Us Your Troops thread from years ago, that ruined my life --- wait :rotfl -- I mean, got me well on my way on the quest for the perfect 1/6 stormtroopers.

After Medicom, SSC, Marmits and two prior Hot Toys iterations, I think I'm finally good with these. :thud:

If I want something super old-school, I have a 3D print of the OT helmet I can work up, but don't have the urge currently, which is telling. Although I'll get to it at some point.

Back