Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper MMS393

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I guess so. Wish we had hard info on edition sizes, if only for general interest.

They don't do specific run sizes (unless it is an advertised limited edition run like Sideshow sometimes shows). It all comes back to the number of figures pre-ordered.

This is made up of actual pre-orders by customers and sellers "orders" based on what they think will be sold over and above pre-orders. Therefore for every figure the run size will be different.

This is why there are so many Ep7 figures still out there. All the sellers were on the Star Wars hype train themselves (due to that being the first Star Wares movie in years), and misjudged how many would be sold. These days with some experience they can judge things better. Some may simply leave it to customer pre-orders and add 10-20 pieces extra.

From Hot Toys viewpoint this is best. They can better estimate their production schedule, material etc etc and they aren't left with a truckload themselves.

This all came from a discussion with a shop owner. But makes sense when you think about it.

I had a similar discussion with someone who works in a shop. Both Disney and Hot Toys way overproduced figures early on. Also that the second wave of production on some figures like ANH Han and Chewie was actually returns by retailers to Sideshow. They learned their lesson for the Rogue One releases.

I wasn't planning on picking this one up because I have the Jedha Two-Pack, but I found one in a local store for retail, and I had to pick it up! :lol
Can't have enough Stormtroopers. :rock

And with the black pauldron included in the two pack, you still have the option to display three distinct troopers.

d69b01fbf96513978dd44e7f0f50598e.jpg

“Hey...is that a squad of rebel insurgents planting explosives over on that landing pad?”

“Nothing ever happens here, probably just techs installing new WiFi. Hey — seen that new VT-15?”

c2ddb11689998d4e27a6880a8753c21c.jpg

“You ever think having helmets obscuring our faces at all times is a strategic liability?”

“Quit being paranoid, Stan.”

“...I’m Pete.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really hope HT do another run of these, maybe under the Solo license.

I love the updated R1 stormtroopers but these were very bare bones. The ideal set should have come with all the blasters -- E-11, T-21, DLT-19, and whatever the small pistol's called. Maybe a set of binders, and more options for hands. My grunt up above is sporting a spacetrooper's pointing hand (that took years to score parted out).

Maybe even a 2-pack with differing heights, like the original ANH set.

I love the updated R1 stormtroopers but these were very bare bones. The ideal set should have come with all the blasters -- E-11, T-21, DLT-19, and whatever the small pistol's called. Maybe a set of binders, and more options for hands. My grunt up above is sporting a spacetrooper's pointing hand (that took years to score parted out).

Maybe even a 2-pack with differing heights, like the original ANH set.

Yeah. Would be nice for HT to do some Deluxe Stormtrooper that comes with all the extras. 2 helmets would be cool too, the Hero version they did in the ANH release, and the stunt version that looked more like this RO version. Would sell like hot cakes..

I missed the 1st HT original ANH, but have this RO version, the Spacetrooper & the Sandtrooper.

Hm, anyone have a side by side?

There’s a side-by-side somewhere in this thread I think.

I like them both, but to be honest I prefer the HT R1’s by a bit because their helmets are that much more screen accurate.

There’s a side-by-side somewhere in this thread I think.

I like them both, but to be honest I prefer the HT R1’s by a bit because their helmets are that much more screen accurate.

Cool. I don't have any OT troopers and want to pick one up for my birthday next week. What does this guy usually go for? Been thinking either a Stormtrooper or a Snowtrooper.

Cool. I don't have any OT troopers and want to pick one up for my birthday next week. What does this guy usually go for? Been thinking either a Stormtrooper or a Snowtrooper.

Right now they seem to start at $270USD, but if you stalk eBay for auctions you may find a good deal with patience. They seem to have made very few of these as they’re out of stock everywhere.

Right now they seem to start at $270USD, but if you stalk eBay for auctions you may find a good deal with patience. They seem to have made very few of these as they’re out of stock everywhere.

I'll start stalking then! Thank you for the info :)

The chest armour on the R1 Stormies is the thing that ultimately put me off and made me sell mine. It looks too thin and makes them look skinny. The lack of a holster is also something that has put me off although is accurate to R1 versions.

I managed to pick one up at a touch over retail after everywhere else had sold out (they still have ANH Han at £199 in stock and even an ANH Ben at just over retail) so I'm sure if you're patient you'll grab one at a reasonable price.

The chest armour on the R1 Stormies is the thing that ultimately put me off and made me sell mine. It looks too thin and makes them look skinny. The lack of a holster is also something that has put me off although is accurate to R1 versions.

I get it, not to your taste. But what I like is that the proportions are more or less faithful to what we see on-screen, a more realistic take on the armour. Still love the originals of course, but I feel there's room for both. :duff

Back