1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I think of OT Stormtroopers, "wonky armor" is what comes to mind. These new ones just look a lot more comfortable to be in. Plus, I do like how they're more symmetrical.

You can't take anything away from the OT but like I said, I do like all these "improvements" they've done. With that said, I will not be selling my ANH TK armor for this one anytime soon:lol

Oh yeah, I like both. Push came to shove, I'd always choose the original, but these look great. Can't wait to see the new ones in action!

Oh yeah, I like both. Push came to shove, I'd always choose the original, but these look great. Can't wait to see the new ones in action!

Absolutely! And I can't wait either. Those Stormtroopers charging the beach is definitely one of the scenes I'm most excited for.

I'm a fan of the small design changes. I think a two pack of these might be my only R1 merch purchase.

This is just a standard trooper with a different backpack, yes; more Stormtrooper house party protocol? I'd much rather see a Poe Dameron X-Wing Pilot...

This is just a standard trooper with a different backpack, yes; more Stormtrooper house party protocol? I'd much rather see a Poe Dameron X-Wing Pilot...

It appears to be all new--new armor, helmet, etc. Tough to say for sure from the one photo though.

I didn't pick up the original Stormtroopers so hoping along with this version we get the updated clean look too (its Hot Toys, what am I saying of course we will!) as even though there are differences I think I will be picking one at least up to display alongside my FO Trooper.

With all the deep discounts from TFA line, Luke may be the final figure. Kylo, Finn, Rey, Han, Chewie etc. nothing burning up the sales....

I enjoy all the troopers and it appears their approach is going to be the same as TFA which means wait a year the troopers will be had below retail due to over saturation. No exclusives....no worries from my perspective.

I like how they have “cleaned up” the stormtrooper design. It’s not a re-design or an update, it’s just cleaning up the lines. As a designer, I would have enjoyed that task. The only thing I don’t like is the new codpiece which is now pretty much just a vertical piece and doesn’t flare out as much like a "V" like the old ones. It reminds me too much of banana hammocks! :monkey4

2uq2o9h.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I have a bad habit of buying OT stormies. And since these Rogue One troopers are in the same era I'm sure I'll be adding a few to the collection (already ordered the death trooper). That being said, I'm honestly not sure if I'll be buying this particular figure. A two pack may be enough to push me over the edge though... I don't know... we'll have to see how they look when they go up for preorder. I do feel like the shore trooper would have been a better figure to roll out after the death trooper though. Still waiting on a Poe Dameron figure as well. I hope Hot Toys doesn't over saturate the Star Wars line with overproduction on trooper variants... the TFA figures have already been on Sideshow's daily deals list for extra points and free shipping for a while now.

I like how they have “cleaned up” the stormtrooper design. It’s not a re-design or an update, it’s just cleaning up the lines. As a designer, I would have enjoyed that task. The only thing I don’t like is the new codpiece which is now pretty much just a vertical piece and doesn’t flare out as much like a "V" like the old ones. It reminds me too much of banana hammocks! :monkey4

That's where the v style came from ... The new angles obliqe "muscles" of the stormtrooper line up with the v ... Instead of making it look like underwear...most superhero type pants fit in this category...they went with a more anatomical basis than the vernacular of clothing....kinda like wha happened to the 89 batman if you look carefully at the suit

I figured it was to improve mobility and comfort too. Looks particularly obscene on the guy on the left in this shot :lol

NEM5rD51suuqPO_2_b.jpg

...but looks pretty good on the guy on the right.

I don't mind the RO Stormtroopers, if only to function as army builders. Behind the OT HT Stormtroopers in a display, they'll fill out the impression of a squad without having cost the $$$ OT figures are going for these days...

I have no idea why they thought taking an iconic evil henchman soldier and rounding the eyes would be a good idea. It's not horrible or anything, but once you notice it, that's all you see.

Back