Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hi5:, bro! Have common ED and this Robo just to display them together.
Damages on this figure are pretty accurate to the OCP Headquarter battle scene.

Are going to replace your ED with the new one? Just wondering... Really I don't see much reasons to do it for myself, but I definitely will if they have functional leveling slide joints on his legs.

Awesome.

I don't have HT's Ed209, and I've been kicking myself since last year when I saw one at a dealer's booth at a con for $250 and decided not to grab it then. Oh we'll, the upcoming one looks pretty great, but will probably cost twice as much as the original. :monkey2

Stunning pictures V-Raptor, the one of ED by himself I initially assumed was either an unseen still from the movie location or even some other full-size replica.

I certainly will aim to pick up the new ED-209 if not when he comes out then later down the road. Not sure yet if I'd sell the old one. I don't want to find out only after I've sold it that the new version brings with it all sorts of problems and inaccuracies the old one didn't have.

Never can tell with HTs these days. Many re releases but not many more than marginally better than the originals.

IM MI
Bruce Wayne Bats
DX12

All great releases but none seemed all that much more improved over the original IMO.

Stunning pictures V-Raptor, the one of ED by himself I initially assumed was either an unseen still from the movie location or even some other full-size replica.

I certainly will aim to pick up the new ED-209 if not when he comes out then later down the road. Not sure yet if I'd sell the old one. I don't want to find out only after I've sold it that the new version brings with it all sorts of problems and inaccuracies the old one didn't have.

That is exactly what I was thinking a-dev. I have the original HT ED and the only problem I have ever had with it is the dome deterioration. The only regret I ever had about buying him though was the fact that I didn't wait to get him and then HT released the BD version, which I would have preferred. That was the first time HT disappointed me, but it wouldn't be the last. Since I'm unemployed right now, and have been for quite a while, I won't be getting the new version, but if I was gonna get him I would be concerned just like yourself.

Thanks, guys! Really glad that you've enjoyed those photos. Making them was very fun! :D

Kinda my own thoughts. I'm perfectionist and always glad to switch old figure on better new one, but I prefer to have both in hands before going with the final verdict.
For example, I'm picking up new Joker DX, coz it have stunning Kato's cloth and one great table that I can use for my Bishop with facehugger. But I really think that the best HT Joker's head is BRobber head 2 with repaint. And I'm going to stay with it.
Never can tell with HTs these days. Many re releases but not many more than marginally better than the originals.
IM MI
Bruce Wayne Bats
DX12
All great releases but none seemed all that much more improved over the original IMO.
I'm 100% agree you. They look more like second\third run to get more money than one try to make perfect "holy grail" figure. Here goes a lot of IMHO's: DX12 still has terrible head and coat, BW Bats did not improver first B:B mask and the material is still sticky rubber. I wish to get IM MK3 with MK4 quality, that would force me to get Monger too, but nope yet. :)

OK. So it's official. Get first and think after. :D
As for me: I'm thinking to skip it unless it has better articulated legs, maybe even with fingers...

Only problem with the 'wait and see' policy is we'll likely have to accept a much smaller amount of money for the old one selling it after the new one has come out. And it being a bigger and heavier item the shipping will be hefty. Might not even be worthwhile selling at that point.

The funny thing is I bet the 1/6th figure will be better than the model they used in the movie.

The funny thing is I bet the 1/6th figure will be better than the model they used in the movie.

Well, here's the model they used for the third movie:

Robocop1.jpg

I think the odds are decent for HT.

I was so hoping for some kind of news or reveal on the new Robo or Cain this Christmas. Still nothing, huh?

Those are my most anticipated figures. I'm holding off buying so much stuff to make sure I don't miss out on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back