Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took ED-209 down for a dusting and....found some dome deterioration. Some new cracking I'd never seen before. New one definitely better not use rubber, least not for the dome.

Took ED-209 down for a dusting and....found some dome deterioration. Some new cracking I'd never seen before. New one definitely better not use rubber, least not for the dome.

I can't work out why they used rubber in the first place. Not like it was needed.

If the new one uses rubber.... :gah:

picture.php

from the hot toys page

I know it's CG, but imagine getting this in with your Robocop?

DKirX.gif

I can't work out why they used rubber in the first place. Not like it was needed.

If the new one uses rubber.... :gah:

I thought I was getting away with it but looks like that may not be the case afterall. Its just taking longer.

I think they used rubber so as to make it feel 'high-end' - having a mixture of materials making up the figure. And ED was an earlier piece from HT, probably before problems with rubber were really coming to light. You're right theres no reason the dome has to be rubber.

I thought I was getting away with it but looks like that may not be the case afterall. Its just taking longer.

I think they used rubber so as to make it feel 'high-end' - having a mixture of materials making up the figure. And ED was an earlier piece from HT, probably before problems with rubber were really coming to light. You're right theres no reason the dome has to be rubber.

Yeah for the money you really don't expect the parts to deteriorate. My battle damaged Ed Dome fell apart a while ago...

ed1xn.jpg

ed2l.jpg

I ended up buying a resin dome to replace it from a member on the robocop archive forums.

I had to chop into Ed's head which was a bit of a mission...

b20120801193155.jpg

But he looks great now fully restored...
c20120802071537.jpg

https://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2315&start=14

I never bought a robocop to complement ED209 so I'm hoping more details will come out soon on the price etc? How much was the original hot toys robocop figure sold for when they were released (and not the inflated prices later on ebay)?

Yep, guys in all seriousness, I know you're trying to be helpful but any one of us is capable of heading over to the movie section for news on the new Robocop film. Please stop posting it in here. This thread is for the new Hot Toys figures based on the original film!!!!

Last edited:
my flightpack robocop is off to ebay on thursday barring any second thoughts lol

It's great that I've had time thus far, to budget for my 'grails' - this being one of them.

I've basically passed on a multitude of filler to keep my focus for pieces like Murphy here.. it's gonna be awesome to own this guy. :cool:

If they don't do an unmasked head (looking pretty doubtful at this point) or a separate Alex Murphy figure in his cop outfit (a serious pipe dream at this point) I REALLY hope somebody like WGP will tackle an unmasked headsculpt and/or a pre-robo headsculpt. :pray:

That would really finish off my Robo-grail display in style!

It's great that I've had time thus far, to budget for my 'grails' - this being one of them.

I've basically passed on a multitude of filler to keep my focus for pieces like Murphy here.. it's gonna be awesome to own this guy. :cool:

An approach to collecting I'll increasingly be taking myself. I can no longer afford 'time-filler' impulse buys. Both because of my own circumstances and because of ever-rising prices. Since I'm now having to sell so much of the stuff that put me into debt in the first place over the last couple of years I think thats a good lesson to have learned. :lol

An approach to collecting I'll increasingly be taking myself. I can no longer afford 'time-filler' impulse buys. Both because of my own circumstances and because of ever-rising prices. Since I'm now having to sell so much of the stuff that put me into debt in the first place over the last couple of years I think thats a good lesson to have learned. :lol
Yeah I understand man, it's been like that with the Hasbro SW stuff for me.
I went crazy on a lot of items, that I'm now selling. :lol

I have eleven HT figures to date - & I've been acquiring these beauties since around 2010.

That's focus right there. :lecture :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back