Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weller's likeness as well as accurate proportions are the 2 key sales points for me. Nail both and I'm all over it. If we get some random sculpt with bloated proportions, then I'll settle for my Vinyl kit...
Weller is Robocop

I think the inevitable Robocop 2 figure 2.0 should include a junkyard magnet and a motorcycle.

I like the idea of the chair. Its something different that hasn't been done with Robo before and will set him aside from the other past toys.

:lecture:lecture
I am really tired of all the useless accessories these figures come with. Especially the crappy dio bases. However, I think the chair is a nice substantial accessory I might actually use. Similar to the Robo 3 flight pack.

I could do without the 50 pairs of hands HT normally come with.

I like the idea of the chair. Could look cool.

But I'd REALLY love to see a full blown cop Murphy figure. That would rock extremely hard. Here's hoping they're willing to pay Weller what he's asking.

I'm assuming the likeness issue is about money. I saw him speak recently and he seemed to be pretty practical about his view of acting gigs these days. When someone asked him during a Q&A how he chooses projects, he said he asks two questions: "How much?" and "Where?" The idea being he really doesn't care much about the artistic merits of the film, but is more concerned with the paycheck and whether he gets to shoot in an interesting part of the world. I can't really blame him for it. At least he's honest.

Totally - I'd buy that for a dollar!! :lecture :yess:

LOL! I'll never forget that line EVER! :rotfl

Idbuy.jpg

I wonder what the elbow joints will be like? Will the joint be covered with a rubber sleeve like last time? If so I hope they make the elbow ratcheted or something. With the old figures he wouldn't hold his gun upright because of the rubber, it would just slowly slouch back down.

I don't seem to have that problem with my RoboCop, he holds his pistol up just fine and has done so since I got him and ED-209 when they were first released years ago. But I have also never had the same problem that it seems other people have had with the ALIENS figures and the rubber degrading, mine all seem to still be doing fine. Maybe it's the moist air up here in the NW.:dunno The only problem I've had is that the cover on my ED-209 did go bad and now looks all cracked. Also, I wish I had known that they were gonna make a BD version of ED, I would have preferred that one and I just couldn't swing paying that much again, same reason I only got the original release RoboCop too.

a robocop DX with the chair and battle damage armor would be very cool and can't forget the baby food.

They could make it a DX by adding the Police Officer outfit and a regular Weller/Murphy portrait, much like the Cop Joker figure.

I'd be very happy to get both Robo and Cain, especially if Cain's eyes, brain and spinal column were floating in a glass container as a bonus.

:lol Good idea and welcome to the boards! :wink1: :wave

a robocop DX with the chair and battle damage armor would be very cool and can't forget the baby food.

Baby food, that's awesome :lol. But BD parts would be really cool though!

They could make it a DX by adding the Police Officer outfit and a regular Weller/Murphy portrait, much like the Cop Joker figure.

This the only thing extra besides the RoboCop figure I really want... :dunno

We have a video!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBbEJVCCJQc[/ame]

dammit....that video really made it look good. am i gonna have to buy these??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back