Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any confirmation that this will be a DX line figure or is that just fanboy wishes?

If it is a confirmed DX, I agree that Weller's likeness is mandatory. You have to have PERS and it would be impossible to do it without his face exposed and thus his likeness needs to be secured.

If it's just an MMS reissue, that's cool and all but then I don't see the point of doing it again. You already have a regular, gun arm, jet pack versions and how much better can you make this to give us a FOURTH? With Enterbay making plans for a 1/4 scale version, I think Hot toys really needs Weller's likeness to make a splash and keep up.

Do we have any confirmation that this will be a DX line figure or is that just fanboy wishes?

If it is a confirmed DX, I agree that Weller's likeness is mandatory. You have to have PERS and it would be impossible to do it without his face exposed and thus his likeness needs to be secured.

If it's just an MMS reissue, that's cool and all but then I don't see the point of doing it again. You already have a regular, gun arm, jet pack versions and how much better can you make this to give us a FOURTH? With Enterbay making plans for a 1/4 scale version, I think Hot toys really needs Weller's likeness to make a splash and keep up.

Pardon my newbie ignorance but what's DX, PERS and MMS? :dunno

Pardon my newbie ignorance but what's DX, PERS and MMS? :dunno

It's a standard for Hot Toys DX line - this is their premium or deluxe line- to have PERS - Parallel Eye rolling system. We're up to DX09 I believe with Joker 1989 being the most recent release.

MMS (Movie Masterpiece Series) refers to the regular releases. these figures don't have PERS.

If it's just an MMS reissue, that's cool and all but then I don't see the point of doing it again. You already have a regular, gun arm, jet pack versions and how much better can you make this to give us a FOURTH?

No offense, but isn't that just a little rude and presumptuous? Firstly, why do you assume that everybody has one? I'm sure there are people new and old to the hobby who do not. I for one, while a long-time fan of the movie, am fairly new to collecting and I do not have one. I would love a 1/4 scale premium piece or statue much like the SS. But the SS issue is listing for a minimum of $500-$600 on Ebay, probably "used."

Secondly, the new Enterbay release would likely be far better than the SS. Hence the term, upgrade, comes to mind.

Kind of a no-brainer and a no-lose situation for everyone, as far as I'm concerned.

Enterbay´s ROBOCOP is made of Metal + lots of articulation + a Secret option.

Release date for ROBOCOP is July 2012.

To be honest, I got the feeling that this new HT release it's going to be from RoboCop 2.

With more blue on the armor, which is my personal favorite.
I could come with a big gun that he used in the part of the movie where he first encounter robocain

To be honest, I got the feeling that this new HT release it's going to be from RoboCop 2.

With more blue on the armor, which is my personal favorite.
I could come with a big gun that he used in the part of the movie where he first encounter robocain

I'm game for the sequel Robo. It will look drastically different from the first release which I am keeping. The multitoned paint job on it is still awesome IMO.
Highly doubt they will do a reissue thought. I'm guessing new molds and design. As awesome as the original HT robo run was, it has some pretty obvious flaws and isn't anywhere near perfect. The HT today really can do ALOT better. And yea Weller likeliness is a must!

I do hope other than the expression, they can come out with some battle damage visor & swappable armor

I don't doubt that. I remembering HT mentioning how creating the iron man figures were essentialism learning how to build a good robo. The last few iron man figures all had interchangeable armor from clean to BD like the Mark VI or just removeable like the Mark II AU. I'm sure we'll get a pretty kickass figure.

Sorry i know this is supposed to be for robocop, i got the new mark ii however i wished they could have made it bendable at the waist like the mark IV.

Okay sorrry... back to robocop, so iron man seems to be like a stepping stone for robocop, lol i do hope they will also improve the leg movement, the previous one that i had, had this weird angle when i lifted the legs to 90 degree

I want...

articulated fingers
Fist with computer spike
Opening leg holster mechanism
Beretta
Barett "state of the art. Bang Bang"
Cain's Brain (Ex)
Interchangable BD pieces

Enterbay´s ROBOCOP is made of Metal + lots of articulation + a Secret option.

Release date for ROBOCOP is July 2012.

WHO DA HELL CARES?!
Another company, another scale, another price range.
Anyone who wants to discuss it - gtfo from this thread. Righ over here.

He didn't exactly shut down did he? What was the line in the film? ''Any attempt to arrest a senior member of OCP results in immediate shut-down''? Or something like that? Errr. So falling to his knees and grimacing for a minute is 'shut-down'?

It may yet come in a seperate BD figure. Though I wish we could say definitively one way or the other.

Whatever I'm sure you know infinitely more than anyone on this subject. :slap

Whatever I'm sure you know infinitely more than anyone on this subject. :slap

I think you took my post the wrong way, and I can see how. You said nothing wrong, I was just making an observation about the film. Sorry for the miusunderstanding.

Last edited:
WHO DA HELL CARES?!
Another company, another scale, another price range.

Well, I'll play it again, Sam:

No offense, but isn't that just a little rude and presumptuous? Firstly, why do you assume that everybody has one? I'm sure there are people new and old to the hobby who do not. I for one, while a long-time fan of the movie, am fairly new to collecting and I do not have one. I would love a 1/4 scale premium piece or statue much like the SS. But the SS issue is listing for a minimum of $500-$600 on Ebay, probably "used."

Secondly, the new Enterbay release would likely be far better than the SS. Hence the term, upgrade, comes to mind.

Kind of a no-brainer and a no-lose situation for everyone, as far as I'm concerned.

I think he is not saying who cares about Enterbay, but more so, who cares about Enterbay in the HOT TOYS thread, hence why he posted the link to the Enterbay thread...

As for your comment about not everyone having the figures etc... part of this whole hobby is the limited nature of the figure runs (or so called limited runs). Part of the deal is the hunt and that we can't have everything. So we have to deal with the fact that we missed out on something. Most of us don't want to pay $200 plus dollars for a so-called limited figure, only to have it re-released a year later, thus decreasing the value significantly of our collectible. If they aren't going to make it limited, then drop the price and be up front that is not limited.

I think he is not saying who cares about Enterbay, but more so, who cares about Enterbay in the HOT TOYS thread, hence why he posted the link to the Enterbay thread...

As for your comment about not everyone having the figures etc... part of this whole hobby is the limited nature of the figure runs (or so called limited runs). Part of the deal is the hunt and that we can't have everything. So we have to deal with the fact that we missed out on something. Most of us don't want to pay $200 plus dollars for a so-called limited figure, only to have it re-released a year later, thus decreasing the value significantly of our collectible. If they aren't going to make it limited, then drop the price and be up front that is not limited.

I find myself agreeing and disagreeing at the same time. This won't be a rerelease but a remake. And a justifiable remake IMO. It stands to be much better than the old given todays standards, not just say 'slightly' better. The old product will undoubtedly be in less demand but technically no less limited. So HT kinda gets away with it in cases like this for me.

I don't think something should be rereleased just because someone comes along and says 'I missed it'. There will always be someone who missed it. Though in the case of the Tumbler for Batman, I'm forced to admit as an owner of the original release that it makes sense for HT while there is still another Nolan Batman film to come. It would question it more if there wasn't even that as an impetus for rerelease.

I don't think something should be rereleased just because someone comes along and says 'I missed it'. There will always be someone who missed it. Though in the case of the Tumbler for Batman, I'm forced to admit as an owner of the original release that it makes sense for HT while there is still another Nolan Batman film to come. It would question it more if there wasn't even that as an impetus for rerelease.

That's right, there will always be someone who 'missed it.' That's the cornerstone of marketing: to sell something that someone does not have but wants. Enterbay is planning to release (not re-release) a RoboCop piece because they believe it will be profitable. They realize that many folks would indeed buy the best 1/4 Robo released to date!

And forgive me but a high-and-mighty, "collector" attitude of "I have got mine, boohoo for you, and now I hope they break the mold and never do this piece again because I don't want to see a better piece than mine, because then I would have to buy it or live with an inferior release," is perhaps understandable but does not hold up in the face of the marketplace and is unfair at best, and even a little brattish.

Last edited:
I was mainly referring to total re-releases, like the batmobile. I get that a new movie is coming up, but they should have done something to update it. If the sculpt is updated with the latest technology, then I am cool with that. I am just not a fan of telling collectors that they are releasing a LIMITED edition collectible, only to throw it in their faces a year later with a total re-release.

I have no problem with a new Hot Toys Robocop figure, and in fact will be getting it. Additionally, I am very excited about Enterbay's 1/4 scale figure, and plan on getting that too.

I am not a high and mighty collector. I don't get a buzz knowing that "I have something that you don't." I just expect a little respect from the companies that make all their money from us. If they are telling us they are releasing limited runs, then make them limited. Otherwise, be up front with us that they are not limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back