Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with a new Hot Toys Robocop figure, and in fact will be getting it. Additionally, I am very excited about Enterbay's 1/4 scale figure, and plan on getting that too.

I am not a high and mighty collector. I don't get a buzz knowing that "I have something that you don't." I just expect a little respect from the companies that make all their money from us. If they are telling us they are releasing limited runs, then make them limited. Otherwise, be up front with us that they are not limited.

Well, as far as I know this will be Enterbay's first RoboCop, so there shouldn't be an issue regarding releasing a limited run. But probably should be posting all this on a different thread since this is a HT one.

But if HT can improve a figure in a NEW LIMITED run, that should be terrific even if I owned a previous LIMITED run. As a collectible the first run should not lose any value. In fact the 1st SERIES of something should retain and increase in value as a collectible, if not so much as a quality piece. Otherwise, you are limiting the quality of a figure in the name of "a limited run collectible." Frankly, I would rather have a better figure/statue.

I want a pre-robo Peter Weller head sculpt.

15d77dad994de326bb32ca15b8ae821d.jpg

naked-lunch_16573443.jpg

Agreed, not an easy topic. Best to leave it alone and continue to get excited about the possibilities of what Hot Toys will have to offer.

Exactly and even if I could find myself firmly coming down on one side of that debate or the other (and I can't), it wouldn't matter a jot. HT will do what they want to do. We buy the stuff or we don't as always.

Agree completely.

I'm very curious what Hot Toys is going to do with the paint, given that the original Robocop had such a fantastic paint app for its time.

Indeed. Probably my own first curiosity though is about the sculpt. Will they get the proportions and shapes right this time. I'll be surprised if they don't. Oh and will they use rubber..

Indeed. Probably my own first curiosity though is about the sculpt. Will they get the proportions and shapes right this time. I'll be surprised if they don't. Oh and will they use rubber..

If it's anything like the quality of their updated Batman Begins figure, I have no doubt the sculpt is going to be mind blowing

And no rubber! (that's what she said)

First post on here - but long time robocop fan! :)

I've got the battle damaged ed209 but never had the chance to pick up a hot toys robocop (or have the funds in place to do so).

I hope there's going to be an annoucement soon regarding the release date?

If it's anything like the quality of their updated Batman Begins figure, I have no doubt the sculpt is going to be mind blowing

And no rubber! (that's what she said)

His midsection was made of Rubber in the first movie.

First post on here - but long time robocop fan! :)
Hi there and welcome :wave

never had the chance to pick up a hot toys robocop (or have the funds in place to do so).
:exactly: we are truly lucky bastards.

I hope there's going to be an annoucement soon regarding the release date?
"Soon" is a verrrry loose term for Hot Toys.
They teased too many for this year so you can expect oficial announcement at tomorrow or at the end of the year :lol:monkey2

"Soon" is a verrrry loose term for Hot Toys.
They teased too many for this year so you can expect oficial announcement at tomorrow or at the end of the year :lol:monkey2

Well hopefully we'll get the news sooner than later as my ed209 is getting lonely. :)

How much do you guys reckon this bad boy will roughly cost? I'm from the UK so I guess postage fees and imports duties will be loads too?

I quite like cain too but my love really is for the first movie and I don't think I could justify to my misses getting him aswell. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back