Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofcourse I would love the whole kitchen sink for this new release of Robo (even though I was against it earlier on - I'm just fed up of all the milking Hot Toys is doing), but who am I kidding, it's Robocop.

However, as awesome as he looks helmet-less, I would still display him with his helmet most of the time... unless I picked up 2 figures (with the 2nd one coming free) so if I am able to save a few bucks with them not providing that, I am OK. It would be nice if they provide a detailed diorama though.

I like the inclusion of different facial expressions. Let's hope they pick some good ones.

And I really like your idea of a pre-Robo Murphy.

I actually think its going to be two different heads. One PERS head without the helmet. One helmeted head with interchangeable faces. It's a DX. It better be premium!!

NECA wasn't able to get Weller's likeness. I'm not expecting Hot Toys to have it.

Honestly, PERS on this would be a waste. Why does everyone want PERS all of a sudden? :dunno

NECA isn't able to get Schwarzenegger's likeness rights for Dutch. Hot Toys have it.

Checkmate.

Have they tried? Because from what NECA has said it sounds like Dutch has a good chance of being made in the future.

Well the 1/4 scale from Enterbay will likely cost at least $400 right out the gate - considering the T-800 was $399

I believe (and personally hope) the Enterbay 1/4 scale is to be a poseable action figure rather than a statue...

Dead or Alive... wait those aren't release dates.

Just come on with the specs already! I check this thread every day, and I'm ready to throw my money at you, Hot Toys!

128736245033373858.jpg

People have been ready to throw their money at things announced way before this.

I believe (and personally hope) the Enterbay 1/4 scale is to be a poseable action figure rather than a statue...

We shall see. I have kind of an issue w/plastic figures in general because they're, well... plastic, and they look stiff and unnatural—more like toys. But since this is a robot, stiff-looking with limited range of motion in "reality," this is somewhat less of a factor for me in this case. However, I do hope it will be polystone and not plastic. Doesn't 1/4 scale suggest that it would likely be a limited articulation polystone statue like the 1/4 scale SS version?

We shall see. I have kind of an issue w/plastic figures in general because they're, well... plastic, and they look stiff and unnatural—more like toys. But since this is a robot, stiff-looking with limited range of motion in "reality," this is somewhat less of a factor for me in this case. However, I do hope it will be polystone and not plastic. Doesn't 1/4 scale suggest that it would likely be a limited articulation polystone statue like the 1/4 scale SS version?

Apparently there is to be metal if that makes any difference to you, not sure how much of it though. As to your last question, 1/4 scale no longer necessarily means polystone - not since the Enterbay T-800 which is a high-end 1/4 scale action figure.

If Hot Toys can convince Jack Nicholson and Warner Bros. to license off Nicholson's likeness, I don't see how they couldn't obtain Weller's.

Hell, NECA was able to score Michael Biehn's license for Reese and Hicks and that was considered quite an unreachable likeness for years.

Apparently there is to be metal if that makes any difference to you, not sure how much of it though. As to your last question, 1/4 scale no longer necessarily means polystone - not since the Enterbay T-800 which is a high-end 1/4 scale action figure.

I would likely get this even if it were plastic, especially if it had metal(?). I don't buy a high quantity of statues/figs at all, so I could make a sacrifice of sorts for this if it turns out high quality. I just hope it happens in this lifetime. :gah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back