Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aaah, what a great start to 2012. :D

i'm SO getting both robocop and robocain. zero hesitation, and no matter the asking price.
:exactly:
a great new year start. i dreamt about robocop and robocain less that about t1, but really longer.
the only problem i see now is...
PLACE :( :rotfl
still hope that they will remake the ED. the old one with no movement in legs was a pass by, but if they make a proper sized robocain now, i'll have to stalk ebay for ed.

p.s. cain could make his body taller (almost twice) ok, 1.5 times higher by spreading the waist and legs joints.

54.jpg

45.jpg

wonder if that will be realised here. 99% that it won't but i believe.

fox-mulder.jpg

Last edited:
I'm watching RoboCop right now on one of the cinemax channels. I'd also like to see a pre-RoboCop Murphy in uniform with helmet. a Lewis and a Clarence Boddicker would be cool too.

I hope they do use metal joints in the Cain 'figure'. My powerloader's arm broke off at the shoulder a couple of months back. Had to get my brother to find a way to fix it. Damn plastic joints aren't good enough when that sort of weight is involved.

I hope we'll get searchlights here.
Actual display whipping out of the helmet is probably impossible in this particular case due to possible QC issues but light-up searchlights is something to hope for IMO. HT got some skills & experience here & it will be a real boost to WOW-factor in this case.
Just imagine Cain on display with searchlights on in the dark room! Not even talking about new possibilities for awesome pics!

I hope we'll get searchlights here.
Are you really need a searchlights on this figure? How often do you will display him with a lights turned on? I don't think it's really needed for this figure because it goona be expensive anyway. A searchlight on/off function will get some extra money for almost nothing, i suppose. I'm not sure HT will make it... there aren't so many FANs of CAIN.

Are you really need a searchlights on this figure? How often do you will display him with a lights turned on? I don't think it's really needed for this figure because it goona be expensive anyway. A light on/off function will get some extra money for almost nothing, i suppose. I'm not sure HT will make it... there aren't so many FANs of CAIN.
Yes, I am. In the situation when every single IM figure got it (Iron Monger included), Cain better have smth like that too.
And it's not only about Cain fans. Even if there is not many of them, this project is bigger then just "sell a lot to the fans". Projects like that are the demonstration of company technologies, they show who is the daddy on the market.
Even if not many will buy it - it will be a "smth to respect" project for Hot Toys. And when somebody will tell "Meh, bottleg figures are pretty much the same as HT products nowadays & twice cheaper", Cain will be somewhere close to remind smth like "Oh yeah? Bootleg this for at least double of the price!"
So more options like that here - more kudos to HT engineering & overall dominance on the market like company that not just have all the possible licenses, but also best team of professionals.

Projects like that are the demonstration of company technologies, they show who is the daddy on the market.
Even if not many will buy it - it will be a "smth to respect" project for Hot Toys.
Well... Agree with you. They must beat manufacturers like Enterbay which have made a great figures last year and i hope they will do. HT vs Enterbay (and others) coming this year :lol

I was going to slow down on buying 1/6 scale collectibles in 2012.
But now i already have Batman 89, Joker 89, batmobile, back to the future, the dark night rises, The mark VII and Robocop on my list :thud:

I was going to slow down on buying 1/6 scale collectibles in 2012.
But now i already have Batman 89, Joker 89, batmobile, back to the future, the dark night rises, The mark VII and Robocop on my list :thud:

Back to the furure??? Only rumor right? Or has something been announced? How cool to have a Doc and Marty.:yess:

I also hope Cain features the spotlights...that was a great scene from the film when he tears up everyone in that warehouse....(cept the Mayor......love that guy!)

now i wish i didnt sell my Horizon ED-209 model that i painted.....
220-ed2091.jpg

and to Gary23......dont mess with recasts....they are small and super soft on the detail.....you can find originals on ebay for a decent price, and its well worth it as its a huge kit.

Last edited:
I know this is a recast and only 11ich high but think its possible to mod it and make it taller :> cheap way to get ED209 if you have time
Looks very expressive and of course it's a crazy cheap way to get ED209. I'll be thinking about this one ;)

You did a great job with the painting. Congrats!

I also hope Cain features the spotlights...that was a great scene from the film when he tears up everyone in that warehouse....(cept the Mayor......love that guy!)

220-ed2091.jpg

wow nice paint up! :clap do you have a pic of it next to a 1 6 figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back