Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

of course! Winston = interstellar hunters, "elder" = caveman elf samurai =)

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Here are my latest three HT’s figures. All were shipped individually at the time each was received by SS. You can see how selective I am with my purchases. Next up Batman Returns.

nice posing with robocop!

Such a great set. BD version might be my favorite figure atm. Always loved the creepiness and detail of the full face reveal in the movie. Especially that it's such a brightly lit seen and none of the prosthetic or FX work is hidden by shadow, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

nice posing with robocop!

Thanks you!! Great figure. Purchased the BD only but bought regular head (both helmets and all face plates) on ebay so I could have the best of both worlds!

Thanks you!! Great figure. Purchased the BD only but bought regular head (both helmets and all face plates) on ebay so I could have the best of both worlds!

What was great about that is that we didn't even know at the time that you'd actually be able to use the MMS202 head on the full BD figure. You bought that head thinking it was only to sit on the shelf beside the BD figure, correct?

Regular Robo + BD Robo = two favorite figures ever

Reall wanting to get this BDRobo but Ive seen a lot with super wonky eyes. Is this a problem for many of them or just a few?

What was great about that is that we didn't even know at the time that you'd actually be able to use the MMS202 head on the full BD figure. You bought that head thinking it was only to sit on the shelf beside the BD figure, correct?

Your correct. I didn't want two Robocops in my display. I played the patient card and waited another year for the battle damage. In the meantime I picked up the Regular head,mouth and helmets as added accessories to display around the BD. When the Bd was released and everything could fit together it was a added bonus!!

I haven't seen any wonky eyes. My murphy eyes are perfect. Very life like!

Here are a few shots of my helmeted, post-ED209 Robocop. The helmet is weathered to match the rest of the body. Was too cheap to buy another head/neck/collar off eBay, so I made casts of these parts from the original. They're cast in black resin and also weathered to match the black abdomen and hands.

View attachment 218017

View attachment 218018

This looks totally badass..
I'd like to buy a battle damaged body to use with the broken helmet that comes with the regular version, but it looks that the painting is a lot different, right?
I've never repainted big parts of a figure, so I think that if I'll try it would be a disaster.. Is there something simple and fast that I can do to make the helmet/armor painting similar?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I'd like to buy a battle damaged body to use with the broken helmet that comes with the regular version, but it looks that the painting is a lot different, right?
I've never repainted big parts of a figure, so I think that if I'll try it would be a disaster.. Is there something simple and fast that I can do to make the helmet/armor painting similar?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Tamiya do weathering pastel sets that would be perfect for the damage on the helmet in matching it up to the body.

Tamiya do weathering pastel sets that would be perfect for the damage on the helmet in matching it up to the body.

You mean a set like this?
f9d06582ec80195751f10ac8073d9f2e.jpg

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

Here you go Number Six. I posted instructions on how I did mine a few pages back. It's not very difficult at all if you want to give it a try.

For anyone who's interested, weathering the helmet isn't too difficult if you want to give it a go. To recreate the fine mist of soot/grime, I used watered down dark grey matte acrylic paint. Dip a toothbrush into the paint and flick the bristles with your finger onto a piece of paper until you get a VERY fine mist. Once it's fine enough, flick the paint onto the helmet from about 5 inches away. If you get any big splatter spots they can be easily dabbed off with your finger.

I then applied the rusty brown tint by using matte brown acrylic paint straight from the bottle (i.e. NOT watered down). Dip your paint brush into the paint and rub the brush onto a paper towel until there is basically no paint left on the brush. Then dry brush the entire helmet. Add more tint in certain areas as desired, but also make sure to dry brush the ENTIRE helmet; the thin layer of matte paint will make the finish on the helmet match the matte finish of the body.

Also, there's pretty much NO SKILL or proper technique involved when dry brushing the paint on. Just basically move the brush around like you're coloring with a crayon. If you use full strength paint and have almost no paint in the brush, you will not end up with paint streaks or stroke marks. It'll actually look nice and even, as if you used an airbrush to apply the paint.

Damn, didn't mean to type so much :rotfl Just wanted to say that the mod is not too difficult if you want to give it a try. Also, it's completely reversible too, since acrylic paint is water soluble and can be easily washed off.

You mean a set like this?
f9d06582ec80195751f10ac8073d9f2e.jpg

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. But the one you want is set D(Although it's better to buy all the sets, as they aren't expensive and are very handy).
It contains copper and blue, the ideal colours for subtle grime and burnt metal that we see on Robo's armour after the battles.
See this vid for the burnt metal effects just to get an idea:

^That's pretty cool, username! Thanks a lot for posting that. A couple quick questions: does that stuff dry and set after applying? Or does it rub off easily or have to be sealed?

Back