Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

beautiful! that's the second repainted helmet i see, i so envy people who got guts and talent to do it. dirty helmet is the one thing my collection is missing.

Thanks P! Like I mentioned above, it's not a difficult mod and it's completely reversible if you use acrylic paint. The actual amount of paint you apply is so thin that you could probably rub it off with your finger if you wanted to. It isn't permanent unless you seal it, so you don't really have to worry. I'd give it a go if I were you :)

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Thanks P! Like I mentioned above, it's not a difficult mod and it's completely reversible if you use acrylic paint. The actual amount of paint you apply is so thin that you could probably rub it off with your finger if you wanted to. It isn't permanent unless you seal it, so you don't really have to worry. I'd give it a go if I were you :)
the manner of painting is what bothers me. i don't know how to do all those effects, you see. i have many spare helmets but never tried to do anything like that :)
what color should i use at least? black? how to spread it?
p.s. or was the first BD helmet i saw yours as well? :)

Here's my earlier post on how to do it. I just did my repaint, so the first repaint was probably someone else. I've seen your predator mods before, which are pretty awesome. If you can do those mods, trust me that you can do this one :wink1:

Thank you, Username and YFB! And also, I appreciate the internet dollars, YFB :lol

For anyone who's interested, weathering the helmet isn't too difficult if you want to give it a go. To recreate the fine mist of soot/grime, I used watered down dark grey matte acrylic paint. Dip a toothbrush into the paint and flick the bristles with your finger onto a piece of paper until you get a VERY fine mist. Once it's fine enough, flick the paint onto the helmet from about 5 inches away. If you get any big splatter spots they can be easily dabbed off with your finger.

I then applied the rusty brown tint by using matte brown acrylic paint straight from the bottle (i.e. NOT watered down). Dip your paint brush into the paint and rub the brush onto a paper towel until there in basically no paint left on the brush. Then dry brush the entire helmet. Add more tint in certain areas as desired, but also make sure to dry brush the ENTIRE helmet; the thin layer of matte paint will make the finish on the helmet match the matte finish of the body.

Also, there's pretty much NO SKILL or proper technique involved when dry brushing the paint on. Just basically move the brush around like you're coloring with a crayon. If you use full strength paint and have almost no paint in the brush, you will not end up with paint streaks or stroke marks. It'll actually look nice and even, as if you used an airbrush to apply the paint.

Damn, didn't mean to type so much :rotfl Just wanted to say that the mod is not too difficult if you want to give it a try. Also, it's completely reversible too, since acrylic paint is water soluble and can be easily washed off.

thanks a lot for that instruction! i'll save the text and look for paints. the only way to get them for me is from ebay (plus a month of waiting), so i should just save it.

Hi guys, just for update, i just bought a brand new clean robocop and when i open, it has the exact same "armpit" dent on the waist area like my robocop bd has. this one might a bit lighter in dent , not sure. however it clearly has the same dent at the same spot. below are the pics.
13e83acf795c5926d969a4ab54c580d9.jpg

Hi guys, just for update, i just bought a brand new clean robocop and when i open, it has the exact same "armpit" dent on the waist area like my robocop bd has. this one might a bit lighter in dent , not sure. however it clearly has the same dent at the same spot. below are the pics.
13e83acf795c5926d969a4ab54c580d9.jpg
Interesting...Is it easily visible or do you got to pull up the area below the chest to notice it? CongratZ with your clean robocop.

Hi Solaire , thanks. i actually like the clean better. i wish it comes with more blue color. the dent spot is covered/hidden by the side armor, when the upper body is lowered down, it will be hidden by the armor. when we pull up the body, it will be visible, i assume the armor "pressed" down the waist during shipping from factory and left the dent there.

^Appreciate the kind words, Sid! :1-1:

Picked this set up today. It. Is. Awesome! I think I like this BD version better than the first release. Plus Murphy looks killer as well. One of my all time favorite movies - very cool to have all these on my shelf now. Still need to get ED.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

2E3883A3-6861-443E-8E09-590F903318D6_zps5mo0pfu8.jpg

This set is amazing. It's really like having a 1/6 Peter Weller on your shelf. Fantastic sculpt, one of their best. The BD robocop unmasked head is great. I love all the details that made that unmasked look so creepy yet interesting.

Last edited:

2E3883A3-6861-443E-8E09-590F903318D6_zps5mo0pfu8.jpg

This set is amazing. It's really like having a 1/6 Peter Weller on your shelf. Fantastic sculpt, one of their best. The BD robocop unmasked head is great. I love all the details that made that unmasked look so creepy yet interesting.
Cool, set looks great

Here are my latest three HT’s figures. All were shipped individually at the time each was received by SS. You can see how selective I am with my purchases. Next up Batman Returns.

Pretty good posing there.

For a second I thought Elder was holding a chain around Chewie's neck like in Return of the Jedi.

Here are my latest three HT’s figures. All were shipped individually at the time each was received by SS. You can see how selective I am with my purchases. Next up Batman Returns.
Looks fantastic! That Chewbacca... Want.. Surely will grab it if i get the chance

For a second I thought Elder was holding a chain around Chewie's neck like in Return of the Jedi.
but then you realised there are no "elders" in that picture :)

Back